Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Battery packs certainly work but you need the right cable.
As I said before I have an EasyAcc 12000mAh pack that's capable of 2.1 amps of current.
My USB charge cable arrived at the weekend and I managed to charge the unit and keep it at 100% power, for a while. I haven't had a chance to test it properly but at max output the Easy Acc pack should last around 5.7 hours charging. Of course when the T7s turns down to trickle charge that should increase.
As soon as get a chance to run it through its paces I'll post.

In general though these packs are incredibly useful. Not really what you want to walk around with but great for slipping into carry on luggage on long journeys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My USB charge cable arrived at the weekend and I managed to charge the unit and keep it at 100% power, for a while. I haven't had a chance to test it properly but at max output the Easy Acc pack should last around 5.7 hours charging. Of course when the T7s turns down to trickle charge that should increase.
Were you able to use the T7 and charge it at the same time or just charge it?
I would like to be able to extend the usable time by attaching an external power pack while on long flights.
So for example on an 6 hour flight I could use the T7 for 4 hours from its battery and 2 hours from battery pack.
Is this possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a previous post that might help gauge the size of the space for the battery.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/48458-hyundai-t7-quadcore-7-hd-ips-tablet/page__st__560

zuby, on 18 March 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

You can gauge the size here:
http://mid.pconline.com.cn/318/3182655.html
It appears the battery can only be a little wider as the GPS is on the side opposite the power button.
It also seems the battery couldnt be any longer since the camera is at the top and the pcb at the bottom.
The battery appears to be almost square.
The numbers on the battery in the photo appear to be WKY 387785P but I am not sure.
I cant find that number on the net.
It may even be that the number is the size ie; 3.8mm X 77mm X 85mm

It would be great if we can find a higher capacity battery that fits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were you able to use the T7 and charge it at the same time or just charge it?
I would like to be able to extend the usable time by attaching an external power pack while on long flights.
So for example on an 6 hour flight I could use the T7 for 4 hours from its battery and 2 hours from battery pack.
Is this possible?
OK, I finally managed to test my T7s with my external battery, remember its a 12000mah (or 12 amp hour) battery.
Tests were performed by running the same video (SD quality) in a loop. Wifi on and connected, bluetooth and GPS off.
The internal battery test lasted just under 3 hours, which was expected.
The tests with the external battery lasted 16 hours before the internal battery ran out.

My tablet is rooted, with the usual apps removed and a CPU freq scaler (antutu cpu master free) running pegasusq

Looking at it, the system was running at slightly less than 1 amp/h, the SD video wasn't taxing the CPU so the reduced CPU freq meant a reduced power load. What was good is that the battery charge hardware must have turned off as there was very little heat from the unit. A lot of androids tend to trickle charge the battery rather then run from external power. This tends to produce a lot of heat but the t7s was cool to the touch.

I'll have to re-run the test with the CPU governor disabled or locked at max CPU for a better test. Its not until the CPU runs at max and draws as much power as it can, will the test be really useful.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just survived from replacing batt, on Hyundai T7, though I would share the experience, might help you looking go down the same route.
It certainly was not an easy task to open it.

Battery selection, I use this batt:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7V-5000mAH-Li-ion-Polymer-lithiumion-battery-for-7-8-9-inch-tablet-PC-ICOO/757245630.html
There were couple of issue.
If batt stick on as original batt orientation, meaning if you hold table vertically, batt also vertical. This is the roginal batt configuration, refer to this pics
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/81673-another-bricked-t7-tablet-opened/page__view__findpost__p__941113

This is not possible to install, not enough space top and bottom, I would say if batt shorter about 3-5 mm, will probably fit.
o what I do is I rotate the batt to landscape, no issue with top down space, but issue on left side where that square GPS antenna fit in.
It was not possible to layer this square on top batt. Problem with thsi batt its too thick already by itself, if want a perfect fit, batt I say would need to be 0.5-1 mm thinner.

So in order to fit in GPS antenna, I need to gently pry it from foil and basically relocate it to just about behind front camera, that corner is blank spot, no batt/component, just front camera, in my case antenna cable was luckily long enough.
When I first put it together that particular corner rather badly make the front panel jot out (too thick). I re-opened case, and relocate it some more, theis time I make sure square did not overlapped with batt corner. I also looked at back cover, I saw a stand off, right at the back of front camera (where I put my GS antenna), this probably used to hold the dangling front camera. I saw this stand to about flat, its soft plastic just use cutter. My front camera backing anyway will be hold by GPS antena so I dont need anything that increase thickness.

Since on first try I notice, if you look close enough screen is a bit concave, definitely because of batt thickness, as I said, perfect fit need to be 0.5mm - 1mm thinner. So I peel off necessary foil, I also peel off previously I use electrical tape to cover here and there I strip it bare only to necessary.

2nd attempt to close cover, I think I resolve bulging in front camera corner. But slight concave on screen is still noticeable, nothing I can do, batt tad too thick.

If you are looking for batt, use mine as guideline, find thinner one, and wider by 2 - 3 mm I think will still fit (fit it in landscape orientation), definitely not to increase height.

Currently charging it, let's see what happened.
My original batt is 3.7v 2800mah, China product they promised 3300mah in specs, then some got 3000mah, then the real mass product use 2800 mah

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just survived from replacing batt, on Hyundai T7, though I would share the experience, might help you looking go down the same route.
It certainly was not an easy task to open it.

Battery selection, I use this batt:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7V-5000mAH-Li-ion-Polymer-lithiumion-battery-for-7-8-9-inch-tablet-PC-ICOO/757245630.html
There were couple of issue.
If batt stick on as original batt orientation, meaning if you hold table vertically, batt also vertical. This is the roginal batt configuration, refer to this pics
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/81673-another-bricked-t7-tablet-opened/page__view__findpost__p__941113

This is not possible to install, not enough space top and bottom, I would say if batt shorter about 3-5 mm, will probably fit.
o what I do is I rotate the batt to landscape, no issue with top down space, but issue on left side where that square GPS antenna fit in.
It was not possible to layer this square on top batt. Problem with thsi batt its too thick already by itself, if want a perfect fit, batt I say would need to be 0.5-1 mm thinner.

So in order to fit in GPS antenna, I need to gently pry it from foil and basically relocate it to just about behind front camera, that corner is blank spot, no batt/component, just front camera, in my case antenna cable was luckily long enough.
When I first put it together that particular corner rather badly make the front panel jot out (too thick). I re-opened case, and relocate it some more, theis time I make sure square did not overlapped with batt corner. I also looked at back cover, I saw a stand off, right at the back of front camera (where I put my GS antenna), this probably used to hold the dangling front camera. I saw this stand to about flat, its soft plastic just use cutter. My front camera backing anyway will be hold by GPS antena so I dont need anything that increase thickness.

Since on first try I notice, if you look close enough screen is a bit concave, definitely because of batt thickness, as I said, perfect fit need to be 0.5mm - 1mm thinner. So I peel off necessary foil, I also peel off previously I use electrical tape to cover here and there I strip it bare only to necessary.

2nd attempt to close cover, I think I resolve bulging in front camera corner. But slight concave on screen is still noticeable, nothing I can do, batt tad too thick.

If you are looking for batt, use mine as guideline, find thinner one, and wider by 2 - 3 mm I think will still fit (fit it in landscape orientation), definitely not to increase height.

Currently charging it, let's see what happened.
My original batt is 3.7v 2800mah, China product they promised 3300mah in specs, then some got 3000mah, then the real mass product use 2800 mah
Couple of question, did you measure the battery prior to fitting? As Chinese manufacturers are notorious for fudging exact stats.
The battery could easily be 5mm ??
Also did you try VERY VERY carefully slightly flattening the battery by rolling it a bit (like pastry with a roller)??
Apparently this is obviously quite dangerous unless done VERY carefully but it can reduce the thickness of Lithium batteries a little.

Think of a cardboard box, then push 2 opposing sides one way or other from |-| to /-/ apparently this can be enough to get a 1mm or so off
a battery thickness.

ONCE AGAIN WANT TO STRESS HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS WITH A LITHIUM BATTERY, IF YOU RUPTURE IT WHILST DOING THIS ........

And some pics would have been nice

Does look like we are closer to a higher capacity internal battery solution though good work brah

·
Registered
60 Posts
I opened my tablet and 2800 mah :/

Does anyone know the name of this piece? Where to buy?
DC Power Supply Socket, 2.5/0.7 mm (PCB mounted).
You can find it google-ing (AliExpress deliver only lots of 10+) or in your electronics components store.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys, I've been thinking of upgrading the battery on my t7s since it is the only thing i dont like in this tablet, and after measuring i think i could get this battery to fit inside.

But then i thought why not taking this another step, and make a silicone case that would fit another battery connected in parrallel with the internal.
Of corse tha would mean that the batteries would be excactly the same and always be charged/discharged together, and i slould make a small hole to the back cover for the cables.

Do you think this could work? Or maybe take a two batteries pack like this one and separate them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have found the app "CPU Sleeper Quad Core" useful for squeezing a little extra out of the battery life. It puts three of the four CPU cores into deep sleep whenever the tablet screen goes off. No lag detected when coming back on line. It won't make your battery last longer while using the tablet, but it does make it last longer when sleeping.

You can get the paid version from Playstore here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eugene373.cpu.sleepQC&hl=en

or download the free one if you are a member of XDA forum here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1739457

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that since I have rooted and removed all bloatware on the T7s, the battery loses charge less while asleep or off.. I dont know about any other T7s out there, but even off my T7s battery would drain. I didnt use my T7s for about a week, tried the power expecting the low battery alert to pop up. Instead I was greeted with the boot screen..

I actually have a torn down Freelander that I am going to swap the battery with one I bought from Aliexpress

·
Registered
60 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that since I have rooted and removed all bloatware on the T7s, the battery loses charge less while asleep or off.. I dont know about any other T7s out there, but even off my T7s battery would drain. I didnt use my T7s for about a week, tried the power expecting the low battery alert to pop up. Instead I was greeted with the boot screen..

I actually have a torn down Freelander that I am going to swap the battery with one I bought from Aliexpress
Switched off the battery lasts much more than one week. I got my T7 in Hungary after about 4 weeks it was posted from China, of course unrooted and with all manufacturer's bloatware...
The charge level was 91%.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've read several times that some people try to change the battery of their T7(S), as well as there are some post that discuss which battery might fit.
But I didn't find any post that someone succeeded in changing the battery.
So I would like to ask if anybody had success in changing or if anybody knows anyone who had success.
That would be very helpful for the decicision wheter trying it myself or not.
Best regards...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Couple of question, did you measure the battery prior to fitting? As Chinese manufacturers are notorious for fudging exact stats.
The battery could easily be 5mm ??
Also did you try VERY VERY carefully slightly flattening the battery by rolling it a bit (like pastry with a roller)??
Apparently this is obviously quite dangerous unless done VERY carefully but it can reduce the thickness of Lithium batteries a little.

Think of a cardboard box, then push 2 opposing sides one way or other from |-| to /-/ apparently this can be enough to get a 1mm or so off
a battery thickness.

ONCE AGAIN WANT TO STRESS HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS WITH A LITHIUM BATTERY, IF YOU RUPTURE IT WHILST DOING THIS ........

And some pics would have been nice

Does look like we are closer to a higher capacity internal battery solution though good work brah
I didn't measure size of new batt, dont have any ruler around.
rolling and flatten it like dough I think too extreme for my taste, lithium batt is pocket bomb, and you don;t mess with
made in china, with no label whatsoever, no safety certification, nothing printed on batt.

in the end after couple of weeks using new batt, I realise this particular batt install orientation somehow messed up my volume down switch, not working anymore, volume up works, batt body a bit jot out covering volume switch.
About longetivity, it helps, but not by much, if you are expecting ipad mini like batt life, nope.

I now also very carefully charging and placing it, cannot be anywhere near easily burned objects.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi guys, I've been thinking of upgrading the battery on my t7s since it is the only thing i dont like in this tablet, and after measuring i think i could get this battery to fit inside.

But then i thought why not taking this another step, and make a silicone case that would fit another battery connected in parrallel with the internal.
Of corse tha would mean that the batteries would be excactly the same and always be charged/discharged together, and i slould make a small hole to the back cover for the cables.

Do you think this could work? Or maybe take a two batteries pack like this one and separate them?
see my post.
Yours are longer, which is 100% not fit in original orientation (portrait).
If installing it in landscape, it's very tight on either side, mine 1 mm less long already covers volume switch, and I broke volume down switch, it was covered with part of batt.
And... also thickness, 0.1mm more thickness, mine already pushing LCD screen to a bit concave, another 0.1 mm, probably will make it worst.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts