Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can check out this website with lots of images for a detailed breakdown of the T7 internals. Only thing is it is in Chinese.
http://mid.pconline....18/3182655.html

Here is the same link translated into English through Google translate:
http://translate.goo...18/3182655.html

@GuruZeb: Could you plz give us the link for the battery you bought? Am very interested. Like you said, only a bigger battery will give us decent battery life.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2 Posts
What this guy says.
There are plenty of CPU management suites that can replace the 360 stuff.
Am currently using Non-frills CPU Control like i have on every Droid device i have ever had.
It works great to set CPU and the governor schemes.

Next is as stated people need to understand that changing governors to suit the demands of activity
is the way to extend battery life.

But lets be frank, IT'S NOT GREAT even with good management.

IMHO many of us are gonna need to look into replacing the stock 3300mah battery with something more
MANLY.
There are plenty of high capacity batteries to choose from. My only issue is i still have not found
a full T7 breakdown or tear down. So i only have one picture of the interior of a T7.

As you can see its not too revealing of the battery dimensions but apparently the cases are very easy to open.
Battery replacement is just a matter of soldering two wires, so i have bought a 6400mah battery that i think might just fit.

I suspect if you look you could find some truly huge lipos that would fit these Tabs.

Am holding though as am gonna move up to a T7S soon (for the 2nd hand price i can sell my T7 for its almost a free upgrade)
So will probs wait to try it then.

But everyone should consider the idea, its the only way we will EVER get good battery life on these Tabs, i was kinda resigned
to doing it before i even bought one.
I'm interested for changing my battery too, Could you inform us about your work ? I want to know If your 6400mah is easy to mount. 6400 would be really great ! If it works, could you give us the link of your battery ?
I think that a lot of people would be interested by your replacement !!!!
Thanks and sorry for my english !!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also belive that the only way to really bring battery life of our devices to a good level we have to replace the battery with a bigger one.

original t's just too small for intensive use.

I freezed 360 crap apps w titanium backup an set cpu governor to pegasusq and battery went from ultra crap to acceptable but still crappy.

Maybe if someone can pack a better rom (eg: cm 10.1) we can get better results than with stock rom for thos battery.

I cant find it anymore, but I've seen the original battery replacement for t7s on aliexpress.com and on the specs were 4mm x 80mm x 90mm (or 95, can't remember).

Anyway I think I'm gonna try another battery aswell.. just 2 spots to solder.. no big risks... If anyone findsma suitable battery let us know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If anyone findsma suitable battery let us know.
Ok did some rooting around and found these
!!!!

http://pcykj.high capacity_8000mAh_3_7V_Li_polymer_rechargeable_Battery_for_power_bank

http://pcykj.en.aliRechargeable_lithium_Polymer_battery_3_7V_8000mAh_battery_lithium_cell

They sound far too good, to be true, to me. The first, if its dimensions are correct is just an easy fit in a T7, the 2nd if its real you could get maybe be 2 8000mah batteries in a T7

Anyways i have emailed the manufacturers asking for clarification on the exact storage and dimensions of these lipos. Will post more once they get back to me.

But if these batteries are real ............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok did some rooting around and found these
!!!!

http://pcykj.high capacity_8000mAh_3_7V_Li_polymer_rechargeable_Battery_for_power_bank

http://pcykj.en.aliRechargeable_lithium_Polymer_battery_3_7V_8000mAh_battery_lithium_cell

They sound far too good, to be true, to me. The first, if its dimensions are correct is just an easy fit in a T7, the 2nd if its real you could get maybe be 2 8000mah batteries in a T7

Anyways i have emailed the manufacturers asking for clarification on the exact storage and dimensions of these lipos. Will post more once they get back to me.

But if these batteries are real ............
I think that is quite hard to fit such a grater capacity in such a smaller cell... I don't know.. too good to be true.

Inviato dal mio HYUNDAI T7S con Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think that is quite hard to fit such a grater capacity in such a smaller cell... I don't know.. too good to be true.
The specification could be true, the bigger question were the compatibility with the charge electronics of the tab (originally designed for Li-ion battery).
Also interesting, why did not use the manufacturer the polymer: smaller, easier, bigger capacity - and, surprisingly, cheaper (at least on the Ali-sites)? It is known, it lasts about half of charging cycles of ion type, but this usually does not bother the manufacturer.

What do you mean?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The specification could be true, the bigger question were the compatibility with the charge electronics of the tab (originally designed for Li-ion battery).
Hmmmm good point, but am assuming that there is little difference in the charging requirements if any from lipo to li-ion as i see the terms Lithium ion and polymer often in the same
description for the same battery??
Maybe you know more about the differences.

If the dimensional and storage specs check out i will defo be trying these out. But as i 1st stated .... it does all sound far too good to be true.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmmmm good point, but am assuming that there is little difference in the charging requirements if any from lipo to li-ion as i see the terms Lithium ion and polymer often in the same
description for the same battery??
Maybe you know more about the differences.

If the dimensional and storage specs check out i will defo be trying these out. But as i 1st stated .... it does all sound far too good to be true.
I tried some pages and found the essential sentence on powerstream.com: "The chemistry is basically the same for the two types of batteries, so charging methods for lithium polymer batteries can be used for lithium-ion batteries."
This would mean in the best case a much longer charging time for higher capacity, supposing by manufacturer design limited rated charging capacity of the tab electronics. If this limitation works correctly, the intrinsic circuits will not be damaged. If does not - some smoke, and smell. In both cases you are richer with a new experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I tried some pages and found the essential sentence on powerstream.com: "The chemistry is basically the same for the two types of batteries, so charging methods for lithium polymer batteries can be used for lithium-ion batteries."
This would mean in the best case a much longer charging time for higher capacity, supposing by manufacturer design limited rated charging capacity of the tab electronics. If this limitation works correctly, the intrinsic circuits will not be damaged. If does not - some smoke, and smell. In both cases you are richer with a new experience.
Who will try first?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Generaly, It's the person who ask the question ;-)
Seriously, I can't for the moment simply because I haven't receive my t7s yet ! So...
If I do that it will be probably after the summer. I think other people would probably test it before my return.
Sorry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Along the same lines in this topic, I was wondering about external battery sources. I have a EasyAcc® SuperBoy external USB battery thats capable of outputting 2.1amps over a 5v USB connector. I have also seen a USB charge cable for the tablet on ###########.
The question is, until someone takes up the challenge and changed the internal battery, would this battery be able to extend the run time of the tablet? At 2.1amps its below the included chargers 2.5amps so it may not be able to completely topup the battery while the tablets in use, but should at least extend the run time of the tablet.

As the only place I have seen the USB charge cable is on ###########, I was wondering if anyone else has tried this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Along the same lines in this topic, I was wondering about external battery sources. I have a EasyAcc® SuperBoy external USB battery thats capable of outputting 2.1amps over a 5v USB connector. I have also seen a USB charge cable for the tablet on ###########.
The question is, until someone takes up the challenge and changed the internal battery, would this battery be able to extend the run time of the tablet? At 2.1amps its below the included chargers 2.5amps so it may not be able to completely topup the battery while the tablets in use, but should at least extend the run time of the tablet.

As the only place I have seen the USB charge cable is on ###########, I was wondering if anyone else has tried this?
I have a yoobao with 500 and 2000 mAh outputs. I bought a 2.5mm usb cable from DX (link is in one of my posts). It charges my T7s perfectly, quickest when tablet is switched off. I haven't tested it with tablet in use, will report when I do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a yoobao with 500 and 2000 mAh outputs. I bought a 2.5mm usb cable from DX (link is in one of my posts). It charges my T7s perfectly, quickest when tablet is switched off. I haven't tested it with tablet in use, will report when I do.
Thanks, That would be interesting. I'll probably get the cables as at least it will work and not blow up either the T7 or the battery pack.

One thing I will say about this though is remember that batteries need to be conditioned and the charge/monitor circuit needs to "learn" the batteries discharge cycle. This is especially true with the cheaper products as they will have taken shortcuts in the construction process like not bothering to condition the battery before its shipped, this takes a lot of time and provides little benefit to the customer.
So to get the most out of what battery there is (it won't be a huge improvement, but it will help), charge it fully then leave it on till it powers off (loop a video, etc.) then repeat a couple of times.

Its useful to do occasionally to make sure the battery meter is accurate and doesn't shut the unit down when there is power still available

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been using CPU adjuster with modifications to the default profile. I seem to be getting if not better battery life, at least more consistently around 4 hours or so run time. I've also taken to putting it in airplane mode when in standby. I have tablet set to turn wifi off when on battery but I guess some of the apps installed (including google stuff) still wake it up. My standby times have improved as a result too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spoke with one of the battery makes the work site Aliexpress.
He said to me, it's a real sense of size is more than 3000, or 3200 mah battery.
Can not have a higher capacity. Size for the growth of high capacity have said.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi folks
Well i finally got a reply for the battery manufacturers. Claiming specs and dimensions are accurate and offering to send me some free samples

So will update you guys when/if they arrive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all, recently i became a proud owner of the t7s too woohoo. now regarding the battery ,the built in indicator graph thinks that im plugged in for one minute every five minute... the graph while showing a general trend of downwards there are little spikes showing a short charge... see the photo, sometimes the spikes gets bigger too. does anyne know how to recalibrate the battery graph? i have tried some third party battery graph widget but it shows the same thing. cheers.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 76 Posts