Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing I've ready about this device that may be a deal killer for me is that this does not have an accelerometer so it cannot tell when I rotate the display.I know some games and other apps use the accelerometer for controls.Since I don't have a lot of android experience, I'm not sure how big a deal not having an accelerometer would be.What does everyone thing?thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont think the lack of a accelerometer is a deal killer for most ppl out there. I would be nice to have one tho. But the a81-e is the best MID out there for its price point. L i have seen $400 MID that r not as nice as this one

·
Registered
12 Posts
So the Wits A81 has an accelerometer but the A81e lacks one?In the screenshots in the Wits A81 product page I've seen some configuration screens which [seem to] show there's accelerometer support for that model in WinCE. Perhaps these are just mockups, or the hardware is still there but lacks driver support?Maybe it could added later using some hardware, usb stick, wiimote etc?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Used Wince on the W1060 (A81E), it also has a screen rotate prog that is loaded with the wince, it work well. Same setup as for android, icon on desktop and just press it. Works with all ereaders and progs under wince, i didnt have any probs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.