Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought this one: Is this a M001,2 or 3?Can I use the M001 customs ROM-s or 1.72 firmware updateOr I am stuck with 1.5_Thank youGoogle Android 7" Netbook Tablet PC UMPC MID 1.2GHzHardware PerformanceProcessor CPU600MHz+DSP600MHzProcessor frequency 1.2GHzMemory FAST EPC DDR 128MB Built-in NandFlash 2GB NAND Flash (1.2GB Available) Expansion storage devices TF card, Flash Drives (UP to 32GB)LCD display 7" TFT touch screen, 800 ? 480 Touch Multi-Point Touch ScreenInternet support WIFI wireless Internet access to support USB 2 X USBAudio Built-in stereo speakers Battery 2700mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteries Power adapter 110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A Product Size 237mm ? 125mm ? 14mm Operating system Google Android 1.5

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's no Eken at all. .That's an aPad [Moonse MS-E7001/ iRobot M003] from the looks. Be glad, it is twice as fast as the m001 and has hardware video decoders. Note that Eken and iRobot use the same part#, however, they are different products as the Eken m003 only has identical specs as the m001 (no hardware video decoder & slower).DO NOT use any Eken/m001 updates or custom roms, they will either not work or could actually damage the pad. There is a forum here for this specific device, check there for updates.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OKthank youwhen I receive I check hardware and verify spec to make sure this is not a clone of M001 in a APAD case.How can I verify without open the case?

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
enotar;8752 said:
I dont know!I am not sure as there a re so many clones.Normaly the Apad dont have the 2 USB port in the outside or it has?I post the ebay link for info:Google Android 7" Netbook Tablet PC UMPC MID 1.2GHz - eBay (item 270592029842 end time Jun-13-10 15:19:31 PDT)What it is strange is that it didnt state about webcam and processor
to me it doesn't look like you got an actual apad. first off he uses pictures of 2 different tablets. some are the actual apad, and some are the knock off. he never states what the processor actually is. It doesn't say rockchip, just 600mhz plus 600mhzthe battery is not the size that comes in the apad. apad is 3000mah or whatever the letters are, not 2700

·
Registered
100 Posts
enotar;8676 said:
OKthank youwhen I receive I check hardware and verify spec to make sure this is not a clone of M001 in a APAD case.How can I verify without open the case?
You need to install an terminal app (I use better terminal, but there are a bunch) and entercat /proc/cpuinfoThe system will return a number of details. including:processor: ARM926EJ-S REV 5 (V51)BogoMips: 174.48Your processor should be the same or close to it. The BogoMIPS tell you the speed, since on an ARM926EJ BogoMips * 2 = Mhz (so the example above has 350 Mhz). An aPad has 600 Mhz, so should show close to 300 BogoMIPS. Beyond that, just try to play a regular divx or xvid file, maybe even 720p file and see if the pad plays it - if yes, it has a hardware decoder. And 600 Mhz + Hardware decoder would indicate an RK2808 (which is what the aPad is supposed to have)

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote name='skywise;8762]You need to install an terminal app (I use better terminal' date=' but there are a bunch) and entercat /proc/cpuinfoThe system will return a number of details. [URL=including:processor]including:processor[/URL]: ARM926EJ-S REV 5 (V51)BogoMips: 174.48Your processor should be the same or close to it. The BogoMIPS tell you the speed, since on an ARM926EJ BogoMips * 2 = Mhz (so the example above has 350 Mhz). An aPad has 600 Mhz, so should show close to 300 BogoMIPS. Beyond that, just try to play a regular divx or xvid file, maybe even 720p file and see if the pad plays it - if yes, it has a hardware decoder. And 600 Mhz + Hardware decoder would indicate an RK2808 (which is what the aPad is supposed to have)[/QUOTE'] thats good info. ima have to check mine once it comes in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts