Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,new here. just installed the pandahome/vol buttons hack along with a handful of apps to start and its been working great. however, i rebooted and accidentally launched the main/stock launcher and hit the "use this by default" box. now i can't figure out how to get back to pandahome from there. holding town the volume buttons doesn't do anything. i'm sure i'm missing a really obvious setting; could you please help?thanks so much, this is a great forum,michelle

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Volume button to bring up the menu. Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and then press the up Volume to bring up the menu and tap on filter and then select all. Look for com.fsc.app.launcher. Tap on this and then select clear defaults. This should give you the option to choose which home you use again.You can also install Home Switcher so that you can select which one you want to use at any time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you. however, even the volume buttons don't bring up anything but the keyboard. maybe i didn't install the vol buttn hack correctly? but it was working fine prior...the only settings i've access to are the stock ones =

·
Registered
61 Posts
i can only reboot to the stock home screen now, it's bizarre. i used to have the prompt where you can choose between pandahome and the stock but i accidentally chose com.fsc.app.launcher and hit the "use default" before realizing it was too late because of the lag and now i'm stuck in that mode. volume buttons don't bring anything up except keyboard, whereas when i had pandahome, the vol buttns brought up the menus normally. frustrating! i've lost all functionality of pandahome and its menus. i'm willing to reapply the hacks from scratch but given that they are already technically there (i just can't get to them), is there any issue with overwriting?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='ichelle;19812]i can only reboot to the stock home screen now' date=' it's bizarre. i used to have the prompt where you can choose between pandahome and the stock but i accidentally chose com.fsc.app.launcher and hit the "use default" before realizing it was too late because of the lag and now i'm stuck in that mode. volume buttons don't bring anything up except keyboard, whereas when i had pandahome, the vol buttns brought up the menus normally. frustrating! i've lost all functionality of pandahome and its menus. i'm willing to reapply the hacks from scratch but given that they are already technically there (i just can't get to them), is there any issue with overwriting?[/QUOTE']Should be no issue at all. The volume hack is not working any more? Hmm. That bites. Wonder how that can be fixed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
no, volume buttons don't work at all. i'm trying to start from square 1 and reinstall the vol/pandahome hacks. i plug the novel into my computer and follow the instruction set from nate but doesn't seem to be working since the prompt states the obvious "INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS". the reboot still brings me to the stock home screen. frustrated x 10. my gut wants me to go back to the store and swap.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
You could always just reflash the firmware. Also, try restoring defaults from the PDN Settings button then try the hack again. Worst case the reflash should get you back to stock and you should e able to apply the hacks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you! i appreciate the help
now onto installing apps...so glad someone found the dropbox workaround. i was getting sick of adb install
this forum rocks! i just need to fig out how to extract .apks from my EVO but that's a new can o worms... will do some searching...

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
ichelle;19908 said:
thank you! i appreciate the help
now onto installing apps...so glad someone found the dropbox workaround. i was getting sick of adb install
this forum rocks! i just need to fig out how to extract .apks from my EVO but that's a new can o worms... will do some searching...
Several ways to do that. Astro will back up things as well as Titanium Backup.
Have fun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Take this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/463631/S10_07_04K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip and put it onto an SD card--i don't know why it is no longer on the pandigital download site. Pop the SD into the PDN.Turn off the PDN. Before reboot, hold down the volume up key and then slide the power key to the left and hold those positions for about 5 seconds until you see the android bot with progress meter; this means it's updating the firmware. Should take a few minutes and then you're set. Go ahead and reapply the hacks for vol keys and pandahome http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...Idiot-s-Guide-to-hacking-the-Pandigital-Novel. Wish there was a quick workaround but this worked for me in the meantime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just curious, what firmware were you running before the reflash? I have the 7_05 firmware, but the one from the site was 7_04, just wondering if i had to reflash for some reason, i could...when we first got it, the wife tried to upgrade the firmware before noticing the one we had was newer than the one on the website obviously we couldn't update...(so I'm waiting before I do anything until a newer firmware is available)...which probably just answered my question, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.