Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The issue with the unit going to sleep 3 seconds after the screen times out also happens when I am streaming NPR audio. Where do I allow apps to keep unit awake? I still don't think that the system should go into sleep so soon after the screen time out. The time for system sleep should be independently user selectable & I can't find out where to set this. I have tried playing MP3s with the PDplayer & it keeps the system awake. Cheers,kev

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
x3. I noticed the same with Pandora -- if the song is a certain length, it goes to sleep. I seems to be somewhere in the 3 or 4 minute range.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='roebeet;33570]x3. I noticed the same with Pandora -- if the song is a certain length' date=' it goes to sleep. I seems to be somewhere in the 3 or 4 minute range.[/QUOTE'] Well, mine shuts down when the screen times out. Right now that's 2 min. I guess, if a solution doesn't come soon, I will have to set my screen timeout to a longer interval, but I think 30min is the max. It needs a "never" if it also puts the system to sleep!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am using smartbar on the navigation bar.. It has a very customizable set of functions. One of it's options in quick settings is to change the timeout value. I used it to set mine to 45 seconds not an option in the android timeout screen. There is an option to set it in terms of minutes. I just changed the timeout to 45 minutes. I haven't tried it but in theory you could set your time out hours using smartbar...I know this is not the real solution you're looking for... but hey something is better than nothing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, have smartbar running. Thanks. I like it better than BarControl. More options. I was hoping that it would function without the power-off/cancel dance, but, Oh well. BTW is there no hope for independent screen timeout (power saver mode) & system-sleep time out? They should not IMO be the same. I know the unit comes out of sleep quickly, but it is still not right, for one reason, it happens with the unit plugged into AC. Again IMO ( See my signature)Cheers,kev

·
Registered
171 Posts
This of course is all related to an OS initially designed for cellphones and not computers. Google needs to have some install options for tablets, set top boxes, and netbooks if they really do intend this to be something other than a phone OS. We don't need all the phone dialing crap, but we do need better WiFi, sleep, time-out, and external port controls for external storage. Right now, we're dealing with an OS that thinks we're using big phones and nothing else.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree! Does Froyo or Gingerbread show any signs of accommodating the tablet? Google needs to step it up, if they want to play! Kev

·
Registered
171 Posts
cosmos;33796 said:
Found the Android netbook... It's TOshiba and ships this month...Toshiba AC100 Android Netbook launched
Here are the specs:Full Toshiba AC100 specificiations:Android™ 2.1NVIDIA? Tegra™ 250 Mobile Processor (1GH, ARM)RAM: 512 MB DDR2 (333 MHz)8GB flash storage (NAND)25.7cm (10.1'') TruBrite? display with LED backlight, 1,024 x 600 pixelsBluetooth 2.1 +EDR*, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Mobile Broadband1 x USB 2.0, 1x Mini USB, Card Reader (SD, MMC), Audio out/Mic in combo socket, HDMI?1.3 MP webcam with integrated microphoneLocation based switchable desktopToshiba Home Menu, a customizable desktop with widgets and shortcutsSize: 262mm x 190mm x 14 / 21mmWeight: starting at 870gNo hard drive, 8GB of RAM and 3G. Guess what... It's a BIG netbook shaped phone. Bah!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.