Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
AFAIK some devs here can make their own .img so just wonder that can we do it some how for backup whole systems purpose! So we can freely try the tasty but buggy ICS for our N7A!!! and then back to 2.3.4 with just a single flash using liveupdate.exe

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
123 Posts
AFAIK some devs here can make their own .img so just wonder that can we do it some how for backup whole systems purpose! So we can freely try the tasty but buggy ICS for our N7A!!! and then back to 2.3.4 with just a single flash using liveupdate.exe

Thanks in advanced!
LOL imho u wont be flashing back..... but id like to have backup via img also - annyone knows how to do this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now I might be an idiot but I know that for Android phones there is a very popular app with a free version as well called Advanced ROM Manager (if I'm not mistaken) with an option to backup your current system.

I did such a backup on a HTC Desire but never tried to restore to see how it works but I never saw people complaining. I don't know wether that would work for this tablet as well but I think it's worth a try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Indeed, someone on xda is working on it. It's called ClockWorkMod. Recovery works but img backup not fully as I remember.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
The ROM Manager that I have requires Clockwork Mod to perform the backup.

I have been avoiding trying to install CWM on the N7A, but may have to in order to do a backup. I'm giving one of my N7As to a friend that is not technically inclined, and hoped to get an entire system backup (including Apps) so that if something goes awry I can do a restore.

Like several others, I'll keep looking.

George

·
Registered
49 Posts
NOTE: LiveSuit will overwrite the CWM recovery when changing roms. All you have to do is repeat this procedure (run the *.BAT file) to re-install CWM.

* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
1.download recovery_ClockworkMod_v5.0.2.7.zip and unzip it.
2. run following commands:

adb push install-recovery.sh /data/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/install-recovery.sh
adb push recovery.cpio /data/
adb shell /data/install-recovery.sh

3. reboot into recovery
(for NOVO7 Advanced, push & hold VOL+ then also hold the power button for about 15 seconds)

adb shell "echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nande count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot"

( /dev/block/nande is misc partition on NOVO7 Advanced. please confirm misc partition on your tablet.)

Navigating the ClockworkMod menu
VOL-: next(down)
VOL+: prev(up)
MENU: select
HOME/BACK arrow: back

Make backups to INTERNAL SDCARD (then move it later if desired)
Install zips from INTERNAL SDCARD

NOTES:
* some options still do not work correctly, but backup/restore works perfectly
* "Rom Manager" from the market currently doesn't work with this version of CWM recovery (and probably never will)
* efforts are being made (by myself) to create a quick app to reboot into the recovery partition on the Novo7

EDIT: (starting a new thread specific to this recovery so I don't continue to derail the OP's line of questioning about *.IMG backup files)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Synaptyc,
Hats off, my King!!!!!

So we can using this method under ICS? And can we use this CMR for another Allwiner A10 tablets such as Teslac, Onda ...

Thanks again for your arts, boss.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After we install Clockwork Mod Recovery, are we able to install a firmware ROM using CWM?
Or must we still use Live Suite to install a ROM?

George

·
Registered
14 Posts
NOTE: LiveSuit will overwrite the CWM recovery when changing roms. All you have to do is repeat this procedure (run the *.BAT file) to re-install CWM.
Thanks Synaptyc for this install!!!

Works great. You indicate above, that LiveSuit will overwrite CWM recovery when changing ROMS.

I have run into a problem and have not found a solution yet. When I try to flash the new "official Ainol ICS that came out the other day, LiveSuit indicates an error and won't go further. This happens at the point where you hold down the volume+ button and begin to touch the power button to connect the tablet to LiveSuit, which of course is the way that you get into the CWM recovery.

Have you run into this problem? and if so, do you know of a solution so that I can install ICS?

Anyone else on the forum run into this situation?

Thanks!

DJinTroyMI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Synaptyc for this install!!!

Works great. You indicate above, that LiveSuit will overwrite CWM recovery when changing ROMS.

I have run into a problem and have not found a solution yet. When I try to flash the new "official Ainol ICS that came out the other day, LiveSuit indicates an error and won't go further. This happens at the point where you hold down the volume+ button and begin to touch the power button to connect the tablet to LiveSuit, which of course is the way that you get into the CWM recovery.

Have you run into this problem? and if so, do you know of a solution so that I can install ICS?

Anyone else on the forum run into this situation?

Thanks!

DJinTroyMI
After installing the CWM recovery had the same problem.
Pressing the volume + button then plug usb cable and press the power button 6-10 times faster, before being loaded CWM recovery. For me it was not the first time after several attempts to obtain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts