Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if I have 256mb or 512mb ram in my planet? If you need a program for it which one?
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Settings --> Applications --> running Services

RAM used and Free RAM should be displayed at the bottom
thanks for the reply - mine shows 64MB used - 252mb Free. So I guess mine only came with 256 MB even though I had getjar is on the box.

I have an app called - quick system info pro installed and it shows internal storage total 511MB and System Storage total 256MB - so being more of a PC guy I'm thinking the internal storage as HD space and System Storage as the Ram - am I right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
thanks for the reply - mine shows 64MB used - 252mb Free. So I guess mine only came with 256 MB even though I had getjar is on the box.

I have an app called - quick system info pro installed and it shows internal storage total 511MB and System Storage total 256MB - so being more of a PC guy I'm thinking the internal storage as HD space and System Storage as the Ram - am I right?
That sounds like the 512mb model to me, if you have 252mb free. 252 + 64 = 316mb ram total available. The reason it is low and not exactly 512 is because system stuff and bloatware are taking up the rest of the ram.

If you are using Quick system info, "Memory" should indicate RAM.

System Storage is just where all the android critical system files are allocated.

If your tablet is running android 2.3.4 it should be the 512mb model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any ideas on how to reclaim memory/space? Even after removing some bloat and moving almost all apps to micro SD card the memory, 512mb, is down to just tens of MB. Running slow as hell. Can't figure out what to delete or move to free up space....help, ideas, divine intervention...getting an iPad...no, j/k. Thanks, appreciate it!
p.s.: I used Spz0's open pdp rom to flash and root my pdp with success. All was smooth until the memory started filling up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Google v6 supercharger script, I'm using it instead of task killer and love it
Hmmm,...I installed and ran the scripts, a few times...I freed up a bunch of space...and then watched, through Gemini App., as it filled right back up again. So something is using it as cache or I don't know what. I just cant figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion, though. They are great scripts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts