Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm just wondering if I'm alone on this... Every once in a while, my Gentouch's audio will get wonky and (my guess as to what's happening) put way too much power to the speaker causing horrible, loud, incomprehensible noises when notification sounds are triggered. I never had this problem before I installed Advanced App Killer, but I doubt that it's related-- still, it's the only thing that has changed... So, anyone else here have that going on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup... me too. Seems that if I apply pressure to the top front of the frame I can get various degrees of "static", eventually replaces all sound with loud white noise. So if you have sound feedback for keypresses in the kbd, you get white noise for each key pressed. The worst of course is trying to watch a youtube video... you get pure white noise for audio!. So far it goes away after a power off/on cycle. And lately have not been able to get it to reoccur, even after doing the same pressing at the top front frame area and/or light twisting of the unit. Maybe a cold solder point that is currently making a good contact?I was wanting to exchange the unit, but so far I've not been able to clear out the google account primary address.. the factory reset is not working properly. Hopefully with the upcoming "fix" they've promised us today, I'll be able to clearout all personal data.At least it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue... yet on the otherhand, it is not nice to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. Sounds like a production problem, not just an isolated case

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
... [shakes head]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. It seems to fail after the unit has been on for a while (8 hours) independent of what I am doing. Powering off and on fixes the issue until the next regularly scheduled failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.