Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the day, all of my bubbles left after my Skinomi installation finally, and magically disappeared! Don't know how, but they are all gone. So, for anyone considering this protector, I heartily recommend it. Just be patient. A bit challenging to install especially for the ambidextrously challenged. But definitely a happy camper, here. Oh, the last three bubbles took about two weeks to vanish.

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Just a possible quick tip for installing the Skinomi. Go get a small Bondo applicator, it doesn't have to be big, and it would work much better because it's much softer than what Skinomi gives you. Mine looked pretty horrid for a couple days until the scars worked out to perfection. I have to admit, I was wondering if I was going to have to do it again. Nice product.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love mine. I got the carbon fiber skin plus the screen protector. It's awesome. Bubbles magically disappeared in a few days

·
Registered
13 Posts
The trick is to get it much wetter than Skinomi says. Wet both the skin, and the screen, then squeegee well. Wet the top surface slightly too for lubrication. Wrap a paper towel around the edge of the squeegee and press kind of hard, and sop up excess fluid as you go.

The Skinomi screen protector is actually too think for the Gtab, and reduces sensitivity a bit too much, especially for multi-touch. Also, if you like to use the drawing apps with a capacitive stylus, you can forget it with the Skinomi skin, too think to pick up a stylus.

The fitment of their carbon fiber skin could be much improved as well and over all makes the tab look trashy due to poor fitment. Good thing its black, the silver one would have looked extremely trashy.

All in all I was disappointed in the Skinomi kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine on Friday, and was fairly disappointed. The skin had dust trapped on it already. I didn't want to risk tearing the skin, so I decided to ignore it. It was way too thick. After installing, I couldn't get the tablet to unlock. I've always liked the texture of the Skinomi skins, but it totally killed the sensitivity, and made it unusable. Waiting to see if anyone has any other recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just received my second screen protector from skinomi on amazon... #1 was for a smartphone or something. I notified the seller and they shipped another right away. #2 arrived and appeared to fit but was for a different tablet and ended up hanging off the edges.

SKIP on buying skinomi unless you don't mind waiting to eventually get the right STILL WRONG cover!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i love my skinomi very nice it works well i will be putting one on my smart phon and the ne tosiba trive when it gets here and the make one for it best screen protector ifve ever seen bubble fix them self and it really does self repair very nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got mine on Friday, and was fairly disappointed. The skin had dust trapped on it already. I didn't want to risk tearing the skin, so I decided to ignore it. It was way too thick. After installing, I couldn't get the tablet to unlock. I've always liked the texture of the Skinomi skins, but it totally killed the sensitivity, and made it unusable. Waiting to see if anyone has any other recommendations.
I have a recommendation, but its to Skinomi. Use thinner material for the screen protector. Re-measure the Gtab and get the CORRECT dimensions for the skins. Thats all!!. If Skinomi would do these things they would have a great product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wish I had some of these tips when I installed mine. I was a bit too impatient with mine and decided to go another route since it came out so bad.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The skinomi skin saved my gtab. Nearly scratched the crap out of my screen. I would have otherwise had an enormous gouge in the screen had it not been for the "thick" screen protector. It now has some bubbles in the screen now, but not in an obstructive area.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet, running Clemsyn kernal using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts