Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how many people look at the Hannspad section of this forum but I have a question.

If the gsensor driver (albeit upside down) works on the Hannspad with AdamComb v0.3 is it not possible to port this (and the light sensor which also works) to a modified FlashBack a7.1 Rom giving us these functions back? I'm sure it would be quite easy to flip the x and y in the process?

Just a thought because I'm really impressed with the FlashBack rom, it's quick and very reliable on my hannspad but i'm missing the gsensor and light sensor functions :-(.

Hardware Acceleration doesnt bother me too much as I dont tend to play many games.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the gsensor driver (albeit upside down) works on the Hannspad with AdamComb v0.3 is it not possible to port this (and the light sensor which also works) to a modified FlashBack a7.1 Rom giving us these functions back? I'm sure it would be quite easy to flip the x and y in the process?
A few of us have attempted this already here.

We have only found a way to flip x.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A few of us have attempted this already here.

We have only found a way to flip x.
Have the adamComb guys released their kernel source code, we might be able to create a build from that. I had a look but couldn't find it although I understand that they are building the kernel from source.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have the adamComb guys released their kernel source code, we might be able to create a build from that. I had a look but couldn't find it although I understand that they are building the kernel from source.
Yes they did. Adamcomb released their kernel source code

Sent from my Flashback 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes they did. Adamcomb released their kernel source code

Any links? I'm trying to build the notion ink source currently, from what i've read the adamcomb kernel is basicaly the same as stock NI kernel. So i'll try building it and swaping it out for the adamcomb ROM, if it works it should be relatively trivial to invert the accelerometer axis responses at driver level...hopefully...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here we go https://github.com/MrGuy/Adam-GPSLib

I think thats just some partial code for the GPS. However I have adamcomb booting from the stock NI kernel, it seems to have the same functionality. One tip for anyone else trying to build these kernels is that when you do mkbootimg do not add a command line, it wont boot on the hannspad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've rebuilt the kernel with the x and y flipped, gsensor works now. Just replace the boot.img file in the AC3.zip with http://www.mediafire.com/?6pe97e5zub7f1ya . The kernel is the stock Notion Ink kernel, so if there are any tweaks done to the one adamcomb uses this wont have them, although it seems ok from a quick try.

Also the reason why trying to set the flip via adb wouldnt work for y is because of this code in the accelerometer driver:

Code:
<br />
	if (attr == &dev_attr_x_flip) {<br />
		if (simple_strtol(buffer, NULL , 10))<br />
			dev->flag |= LIS35DE_FLIP_X;<br />
	} else if (attr == &dev_attr_y_flip) {<br />
	} else if (attr == &dev_attr_z_flip) {<br />
	}<br />

Update: there do seem to be some performance issues
, i will look at tweaking the pershoot kernel instead of stock NI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any links? I'm trying to build the notion ink source currently, from what i've read the adamcomb kernel is basicaly the same as stock NI kernel. So i'll try building it and swaping it out for the adamcomb ROM, if it works it should be relatively trivial to invert the accelerometer axis responses at driver level...hopefully...
This could be of interest to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Superb work Roceh! Starting to look really good now. Shame AdamComb seems to be slow and very unstable in comparison to FlashBack. Anyway of porting the work you've done here to a flashback rom?

Im thinking that would make for one hell of a platform that would keep most of us going until full hw acceleration is sorted out.

Thanks again buddy! Burn the Rope in Honeycomb :)

Also my Ice cube now floats in water that moves when i tilt my tablet! Totally awesome :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've rebuilt the kernel with the x and y flipped, gsensor works now.

Update: there do seem to be some performance issues
, i will look at tweaking the pershoot kernel instead of stock NI.
Great work!

pershoot kernel seems like a good idea since it has the overclocking option (CONFIG_FAKESHMOO). But with pershoot the gsensor does not seem to work at all but I guess it is because it is built for gtab.

Also Roceh, which compiler are you using when building the kernel? I used the CodeSourcery GCC and it compiles fine but does not boot when I flash the image.

Edit: Here is the NI kernel with overclocking patch: https://gitorious.org/notionink-kernel/notionink-kernel

·
Registered
805 Posts
has anyone tried this kerenl with the flashback 6 release?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great work!

pershoot kernel seems like a good idea since it has the overclocking option (CONFIG_FAKESHMOO). But with pershoot the gsensor does not seem to work at all but I guess it is because it is built for gtab.

Also Roceh, which compiler are you using when building the kernel? I used the CodeSourcery GCC and it compiles fine but does not boot when I flash the image.

Edit: Here is the NI kernel with overclocking patch: https://gitorious.org/notionink-kernel/notionink-kernel
I just use ubuntu in a virtualbox session.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.