Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've install Home++ on my Gablet (just love that name) .Pros - super useful feature set- waaaay faster than stock homeCons - Landscape only (I'll contact the dev)

·
Registered
164 Posts
can you edit the ammount of icons across in this?do you think it would be worth having this as the default home in a custom ROM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Willo link=topic=10.msg17#msg17 date=1273702040]can you edit the ammount of icons across in this?do you think it would be worth having this as the default home in a custom ROM[/quote]Yes - It's in the settingsNo - not until we can get the portrait thing fixed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=sudermatt link=topic=10.msg25#msg25 date=1273704758][quote author=Willo link=topic=10.msg17#msg17 date=1273702040]can you edit the ammount of icons across in this?do you think it would be worth having this as the default home in a custom ROM[/quote]Yes - It's in the settingsNo - not until we can get the portrait thing fixed.[/quote]Actually, orientation can be fixed. In preferences there's an option for it to use the systems orientation settings. So, if you have it set to automatic in system settings then it will change.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Is there anyway to restore the wallpaper to fit across the screen (like on the original Home screen)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...the orientation issue is fixed.....but there's a bigger problem.The problem with Home++ is that it still thinks its a phone with 4 rows of icons....the standard home page has like six rows...Home++ doesn't see the extra real estate...so there's a LOT of wasted space.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=sudermatt link=topic=10.msg383#msg383 date=1273874905]OK...the orientation issue is fixed.....but there's a bigger problem.The problem with Home++ is that it still thinks its a phone with 4 rows of icons....the standard home page has like six rows...Home++ doesn't see the extra real estate...so there's a LOT of wasted space.[/quote]The reason it does this is because the icons retain their size when it changes orientation. If you rotate to portrait and you had six icons then there would be no room as it can only house a maximum of four. The same goes for gadgets which is bloody annoying because the closest you can get them is 1/4 of the screen away from each other.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=Mike link=topic=10.msg93#msg93 date=1273769902]Is there anyway to restore the wallpaper to fit across the screen (like on the original Home screen)[/quote]The original homescreen is modified so it stretches wallpapers to fit. Rather than this, just use your own at the proper resolution.960 x 800.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=10.msg440#msg440 date=1273906792][quote author=Mike link=topic=10.msg93#msg93 date=1273769902]Is there anyway to restore the wallpaper to fit across the screen (like on the original Home screen)[/quote]The original homescreen is modified so it stretches wallpapers to fit. Rather than this, just use your own at the proper resolution.960 x 800.[/quote]I was assuming it was just me being dense and not being able to find the Stretch Wallpaper button. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts