Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I've never had this issue, ever... More details on the bug/issue?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What? I have seen other people post about, but no other real talk. In any of the Home Replacements if I turn my Novel to the Left it causes of a Force Close of each of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have also experienced this issue on all the home replacements mentioned.To replicate, hold PDN in portrait orientation (Pandigital logo at top), rotate PDN 180 degrees clockwise or counter-clockwise...force close. Same thing when turning PDN so the Pandigital logo is on the left.Works fine with Pandigital logo on the top or on the right.I want to add that I experience this issue only from the home screens. Apps that allow screen rotation work fine, e.g. Twidroyd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It happens on most of them. The Open Home launcher didn't give the error, but showed a black screen. Doesn't happen on the default launcher that comes with the Google experience because it has its orientation locked to one position. If you lock the orientation on the other launchers, they won't have the issue either. Not the ideal solution, I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nate is correct, PandaHome just goes black. For me, ADW Launcher and LauncherPro force close.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Even if it just goes black the program is crashing and not working as it should. So far there is an issue like this with all Home Launchers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok PDN home replacement fans, I've stumbled onto a workaround for this. When you read the steps, you're probably going to laugh, but it works...at least for me.For PandaHome users:[list type=decimal][*]Rotate your PDN to the "problem" orientation, i.e. Pandigital logo to the left. Screen should go black.[*]Slide the on/off switch to put the PDN in sleep mode.[*]Slide the on/off switch again to wake up the PDN. After a few seconds, the home screen should display correctly. If after waking the PDN up, the screen displays but is mostly blank, put the PDN through the sleep/wake cycle again.[/LIST]For ADW Launcher and LauncherPro users, your steps are a bit trickier:
  • Rotate your PDN to the "problem" orientation, i.e. Pandigital logo to the left. A force close error message should appear.
  • Place a "trigger" finger on the on/off switch to get it ready.
  • Here's the tricky part. In one smooth motion, click the force close button with your other hand and then slide the on/off switch with your trigger finger to put the PDN in sleep mode. It make take a few tries to get the timing right, but it works. I told you you would laugh
  • Slide the on/off switch again to wake up the PDN. After a few seconds, the home screen should display correctly. If after waking the PDN up, the screen displays but is mostly blank and no force close error, put the PDN through the sleep/wake cycle again.
So, why go through all this trouble? For me, I like to have my PDN sitting in it's stand next to me on my desk with the home screen displayed and ready for me. Unfortunately, before I stumbled onto this solution, that orientation in any of the mentioned home replacements didn't work.Not an elegant solution, but....?

·
Registered
125 Posts
olddognutrx , I tried it on my PDN using "LauncherPro" as homescreen. But it didn't work. Also you are right the problem is only when "Pandigital Logo" in on left hand side top. for other positions it is fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@enjoys1I just tried it again on my PDN with LauncherPro set as the home replacement and it worked. I'm sorry it's not working for you. Not sure why. Perhaps it's the firmware...I'm running the S10_07_04 firmware.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I've had the same issues, and olddogutrx's solution works for me (so far). 07/05/2010 firmware on mine.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I noticed this "fix" too. you can also plug in the usb cable it to fix it. this seems like this should be a trivial fix for the home developers, but it seems to plague all of them. some threads I read on the launcher pro forum claimed this was an android bug and they couldn't do much about it, although pandahome seems to have a little better implementation.my issue with pandahome is the wallpaper doesn't scroll or fill the screen now. I have a black border around it. I got this reloading pandahome after I had to reinstall the original pd firmware. how can I fix this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
@blazingwolfI know...DUH ;)Reminds me of the iPad "issue" where a reviewer was complaining that the headphone jack was on the top of the iPad and that caused the headphone cable to get in the way. DOH!...simple solution...rotate the iPad so the headphone jack is at the bottom.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the work around. I am having the same issues with both Panda and LauncherPro 2. These issues just started last evening and were not present when I first performed the hack on Thursday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts