Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I installed Smart Bar, it has an option to add home to notification bar. Works great for me.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
x2 on Smart Bar. Add a home button, an audio manager app and even turn off sleep mode completely on the device. Great app.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice about smartbar. It's a nice app; I've been using it for several weeks :)I recall several suggestions/requests for putting a "back/menu" button directly on the notification bar (as opposed to doing it via smartbar), it which case we can find then use the volume buttons to control volume (e.g. *while* youtube is playing). I thought that someone a lot smarter than me could look into how AG did it and make the necessary modification. Sorry for not being clearer.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Whats the benefit to turning off sleep mode? My Novel will sleep for hours (tested 6 last nite) then wake just fine (still had full battery) wifi reconnects about 30 secs after waking.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nchntrman;41810 said:
Whats the benefit to turning off sleep mode? My Novel will sleep for hours (tested 6 last nite) then wake just fine (still had full battery) wifi reconnects about 30 secs after waking.
I don't know about sleep mode, but smartbar does allow you to change the timeout value, including turning it off (android's default timeout value max out at 30min). I find that quite handy on a few occasions where I and my colleagues have to periodically refer to a particular page of a PDF document for reference during a long work session.

·
Registered
365 Posts
roebeet;41815 said:
I like turning it off because I use it as a picture frame when not in use.
roebeet I use DeskClock.apk (I can check the version if you want)...it's the one with the digital clock display that moves around every few seconds. In addition to music, weather/news, and an alarm clock, I think it has the best photo slide show available for the PDN. Plus it doesn't sleep. :)I should mention two minor glitches with it though: (1) can't get temperature in the clock display to show Fahrenheit, and there is a bit of garbled text under the time!-Matt

·
Registered
133 Posts
nchntrman;41810 said:
nchntrman, what are your settings to get sleep to work? Do you use the slide switch on top? You can provide a link if you'd written it up before.I turned off (as far as I know) all the "auto" updates from the SETTINGS app, but it still doesn't go to sleep. I don't have the Facebook app. PDN still wakes up in dim mode.I might have to do a complete reinstall just to see what app is doing this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
nchntrman;41810 said:
Whats the benefit to turning off sleep mode? My Novel will sleep for hours (tested 6 last nite) then wake just fine (still had full battery) wi-fi reconnects about 30 secs after waking.
Hey nchntrman, is your PDN really asleep? I mean is it completely black? When I put mine to sleep via the slide power button in shuts off completely but in about 5 min it comes on again but without the lamp so I don't think mine is in true sleep mode. Is yours in true sleep mode? And if it is how are you doing this, meaning your settings? Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well really aslep, IDK. It wont wake up be toucheing the screen. After 6hrs on "standby" I still had a nearly full battery, that makes me think it is definately resting, IDK about sleeping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does the same thing. After a few minutes (maybe 5, I don't know how long), it turns back on again, slightly glowing in the dark / VERY low lamp. I think it might only do it while plugged in? -sm

·
Registered
83 Posts
[quote name='solmas;44381]Mine does the same thing. After a few minutes (maybe 5' date=' I don't know how long), it turns back on again, slightly glowing in the dark / VERY low lamp. I think it might only do it while plugged in? -sm[/QUOTE'] Hi solmas this is what I did and it is working well for me, I did post in in another thread here http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...n/5431-still-searching-true-sleep-mode-2.html But this is the just of it though you might want to read the thread its no too long. This is what I did:Well I have been testing my sleep most of the day with variations and ideas from many here and it has been working with wifi on and off no bars lost after 3 hours of force sleep (sleep mode using the power slide not natural screen out). I followed Cosmos idea.1. Turned off Background Data2. Turned off My Location and Back up My Settings (turn off All of the Privacy Settings)Dont miss data at all actually and if I need it for Market I will turn it on manually Im not in Market all that much. Also has anyone noticed that not all items are available to you through the PDN Market?Also you can test this but this is what I found with this fix. It will only go into a true sleep if you let the device sleep on its own meaning dont use the power switch to force sleep it. If you use the power swith it will go into a true sleep for about a couple of minutes but the screen will come on again but with out the lamp, like you said about "it turns back on again, slightly glowing in the dark / VERY low lamp". I found if you let it turn sleep on its own it will stay asleep plugged in or not. I hope this helps. I came to this with lots of help from this forum so this is not my answer but many peoples

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.