Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
To fully integrate my car to my home, I decided to use my Samsung S2 for communication. This essentially can be done with any tablet that has 3g.
The car I have is a BMW E46 325i

Video

What it does
The phone docks to the car, the headunit has a wifi adapter, and I've programmed my phone to turn on wifi tethering.
This allows my headunit to run the software: iGO Primo 1.2 which is able to use the wifi tether to get LIVE traffic and Google location search! SUPER cheap way of getting live traffic updates on your E46 and making it look stock!

CFW for Dynavin Clone and wifi patch download here http://www.wincepatch.com/

Started out by taking out the center console, cutting a hole, gluing a Samsung S2 dock, bondo, sand, spray paint. This is a pre-sanding stage. The paint to use is a flat black. It blends in with the OEM paint.

Another pre-sanding stage.

Simple mod to make my life easier after I bought a eurotray.

Cut a usb extension cable and shortened it. Soldered a usb mini/micro cable in parallel with the power only.

Dremelled a hole into the interior 'stick' of the eurotray

Slide the usb mini/micro cable through the hole

Dremelled off the coin holder (as I don't use it) to make room underneath since my ipod classic couldn't fit with the extra plastic piece coming down on it. Hotglued the top cover back on so it looks like nothing happened. Planning on dremelling a hole so I can put a 3.55mm female headphone jack there soon.

Hotglued the usb female to back end of eurotray and taped excess wire to the body of the eurotray

·
Registered
224 Posts
Finished eurotray. I have a usb extension cable running underneath the center console so I can detach the usb cable if I need to get to my ipod classic underneath anytime.

Wiring the center console up

Everything back to normal. Extra button that was glued/bondo'ed in turns on/off my subs.

Finished

Finished

Finished

What to do on your Android phone
-install tasker
-Use the settings below

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
awesome and clean mod as always.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Finished eurotray....snip...

Now my phone can dock to the car, be controlled thru the headunit.
The headunit has a wifi adapter, and I've programmed my phone to turn on wifi tethering.
This allows my headunit to run the software: iGO Primo 1.2 features which uses the wifi tether to get LIVE traffic and Google location search!
Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts