Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted in another part of the forum, but I'm hoping to be here for a while, so figured I'd post here too :)I'm ashley. I'm a SAHM (my daughter is 15ish months old). I do some Wordpress based web design here from home for a bit of extra cash on the side and am working on opening up a community/shop hosting site for the online cloth diapering/crafting community that I'm active in. I currently do my "work" work on a Dell desktop PC (which we're actually going to be buying a replacement for here in the next week or so), and my general away-from-desk surfing on a 12" iBook G4, which I just bought an aPad (RK2808) to replace. I also have a VIA based aPad on it's way to me that I'll be looking to sell when it arrives (yep, I bought before I did proper research
)Anyway, I'm an idiot when it comes to hardware, but if you wanna talk design/CSS/n00b level PHP, I'm your girl!

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
Haha that's pretty cool. Although may I ask, what does SAHM stand for (I'm guessing the last character stands for Mother
). f you were using a MacBook then I may have offered to buy it off you, but unfortunately it will not suffice
Anyways, welcome to the community, we can be a bit of a rowdy bunch sometimes so beware ;)Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SAHM = stay-at-hom-mom ;)And you guys won't bother me...I'm used to dealing with a bunch of cloth diapering Moms. Now THAT is a rowdy bunch, lemme tell ya xDETA: I'm reserving judgement on whether or not to sell my iBook until I've used the aPad for a little while. Either way, I promised my husband that I'll only be keeping one or the other. And what sort of specs are you looking for on a notebook? My iBook is actually much better than the average bear in that dept. (the guy I bought it from maxed stuff out and added a Superdrive instead of the default one).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think mine is somewhere in the 1.25 neighborhood (it's in the other room at the moment). 1.55? Wow, the last time I checked eBay, my 1.25 seemed to be better than most of the ones up there! As mentioned in my OP, though, I'm a hardware idjit, so I could be thinking/talking about something totally different than what you are, lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, thanks! I wish it were still like that. I just dyed it all the dark color when my daughter was a few months old. It was just getting too hard to find the time to keep up with bleaching my roots and redying every couple of weeks (the pink is semi-permanent and requires bleaching to damn near white for it to show up nicely).Maybe I should change my av to something a bit more current?

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
Only if it looks just as funky :pAlso, if you want any help with your project then I may be able to lend a hand every now and then, I have a fair amount of experience with web development.

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
I haven't worked with WordPress in a while so I'd have to think how to do that one. Is there some sort of maintenance mode that you can activate that will close the blog until lifted? Using this you could modify the message etc. to notify them their term is over, all messages/blog posts would still be present, just not viewable.Ooh also, there's an Android app for Wordpress which you would find pretty useful for updating your site on the go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep, I'm running the new WP 3.0 w/ multisite mode enabled (3.0 merged WP and WPMU into one script). I can mark child sites as "archived" "spam" or "mature" even. Archive seems to be the one that throws up the "this site has been archived or suspended" message, yet keeps the site there for me to un-archive easily if needed. I'll probably even go into the .pot file and change the message that gives.The people who have helped me along in #wordpress IRC checked it out as well, and found that WP hasn't really provided anything to hook into when it comes to the child site management screens. Or something like that. I was confused, lol.

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
I could probably write a script sometime to list all of the child sites and provide a tickbox for each to turn archive mode on. I'm assuming there's a single field in the database that would allow you to enable the archive mode.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure, but what I need is a way to set a child site to automatically go into child mode by selecting an "archive" date in the future when I create/edit the site's details. It's already pretty simple to manually do it, I'd just like a way to tell Wordpress "hey, deactivate this site in 3 months unless I come back and edit you".

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
[quote name='Mike;13565]Anyways' date=' welcome to the community, we can be a bit of a rowdy bunch sometimes so beware ;)Enjoy your stay.[/QUOTE'] A rare moment of serious: this is my moderator mandate (how ironic), and I am watching.Not directed at you Mike, you're good. Just making sure people know I have a spastic trigger finger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.