Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I actually looked at that one. LuckyMe likes it? Sold! Until I can afford the GoGroove BlueSYNC, I'll use the Creative D80. I'll go by Walmart today and see if they have any in stock, otherwise I'll order online. That's a great idea to use the little one like that. I'm not going to return it now, it has just become my backup.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
If walmart doesn't have it Fryes carries a few different creative speakers, if you have one around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I want to thank LuckyMe for her advice. The Creative D80 is a great speaker for the money. Just like my Sero 7Pro, You get more than you pay for.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
how cool is this Creative bluetooth speaker with built in NFC:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNZP884/ref=amb_link_375157302_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=00BMZ8JXXZBM4M36A4GV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1566213142&pf_rd_i=B004X28I0A

not that pairing bluetooth is overly complicated, but I would actually have a use for the NFC in my Hisense!

by the way, I was really hoping that Hisense would come out with another tablet, a refresh of the Sero 7 pro. I would love it if they did it in a 4:3 8" form factor. But alas, its starting to look like this was a one time shot by Hisense.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNZP884/ref=amb_link_375157302_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=00BMZ8JXXZBM4M36A4GV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1566213142&pf_rd_i=B004X28I0A

not that pairing bluetooth is overly complicated, but I would actually have a use for the NFC in my Hisense!

by the way, I was really hoping that Hisense would come out with another tablet, a refresh of the Sero 7 pro. I would love it if they did it in a 4:3 8" form factor. But alas, its starting to look like this was a one time shot by Hisense.
The NFC feature on this speaker doesn't really do it for me. Some speakers after pairing need pairing everytime you want to use them (my experience -speaking only with the Sero pro). But based on my experience with creative, one time is all that's needed. After that all you have to do is turn it on, turn on the tablet, start the music and you're ears hear joy. If it needed pairing everytime then that feature would be good.

The thing about this speaker thats cool is the multipoint, which allows more than one speaker paired at the same time. I WANT THAT! I don't know if the D80 can do that. I'm going to check that out… that's unlimited expantion. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
start the music and you're ears hear joy.

Love it!

On a side note, I was playing music I downloaded, and my music skipped once. It was just a small break, almost the same as when you would bump a CD player( or record player for anoyone old enough to remember those dionosaurs) but I thought unusual for downloaded music. Has anyone else experienced this? What would cause this, any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts

Speaking on the Creative D80, I absolutely enjoy it. This one is value, you get more for your dollar.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
start the music and you're ears hear joy.

Love it!

On a side note, I was playing music I downloaded, and my music skipped once. It was just a small break, almost the same as when you would bump a CD player( or record player for anoyone old enough to remember those dionosaurs) but I thought unusual for downloaded music. Has anyone else experienced this? What would cause this, any ideas?
Notifications coming into your taskbar can cause a break in music, but it's a little different than a skip. If you find that annoying you can control notifications with the right app. (Root required)

Also, were you listening via bluetooth? 'Cause sometimes I experience a skip like you describe on my bt speaker. Pretty sure it's the speaker not the tablet. (Not often)

·
Elite Member
387 Posts

johnnyblades said:
Not to change the subject, but it looks like hisense is dropping the 32gb UK version of the sero7 pro, but focusing on a phone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Notifications coming into your taskbar can cause a break in music, but it's a little different than a skip. If you find that annoying you can control notifications with the right app. (Root required)

Also, were you listening via bluetooth? 'Cause sometimes I experience a skip like you describe on my bt speaker. Pretty sure it's the speaker not the tablet. (Not often)
Yes, it was with my bt. I knew you would know!lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
[quote name="LuckyMe" post="1186089" timestamp="1395318066"]
Not to change the subject, but it looks like hisense is dropping the 32gb UK version of the sero7 pro, but focusing on a phone.[/quote

When it's too big to fit in my breast pocket, its a tablet. Lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
A word of warning, as obvious as it sounds. It is NEVER a good idea to have your tablet charging with the cord stretched across an area where you walk. " I'll just step over it while it's charging" is a poor, poor plan....possibly a lazy drunk mans plan....

Thankfully the cord gave way at the wall and I didn't damage my tablet.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
A word of warning, as obvious as it sounds. It is NEVER a good idea to have your tablet charging with the cord stretched across an area where you walk. " I'll just step over it while it's charging" is a poor, poor plan....possibly a lazy drunk mans plan....

Thankfully the cord gave way at the wall and I didn't damage my tablet.
OMG! not to mention a possible break in the playlist… not good! ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey everyone. Good to see a few other people who love this tablet. I've had mine since last summer and it's perfect. If you guys are interested in other roms, over on XDA there are a bunch of new ones like Pac, Gummy, CM11, and now an AOSP 4.4.2 version by Delorespark that is working flawless. Enjoy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Last night I was using my Sero to listen to some music while my wife and I were on our lanai hanging out. We were conversing on a subject I can get somewhat passionate about, and I tend to use my hands when making a point, or describing something. So to be safe I set my drink down as I didn't want to waste any of my aperitif. After I had made my point, and AFTER my wife pointed out I was still wrong, I reached for my drink. I had set it down on my tablet. Apparently besides great gaming qualities, ability to play HD videos, and play AWESOME playlists, The Sero7 pro makes a fair coaster, too. However I don't recommend it.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts