Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a apad with Android 2.1 on it. Its got the black front, red light. I'm judging this to be one of the latest ones out. Is there a concrete method to understand what version I have, what custom firmware may be available, etc? Like perhaps a chart or table of all the released versions, what firmware is available, etc? Perhaps a wiki type thing for these devices? Seems like there are whole bunches of them. So far, this one seems pretty nice all in all. I could use it for casual web browsing, reading with my kindle, etc. I notice that it appears to say there is a 3g card in it because the "E" always shows up but don't quite know where the card is. How does one replace the sim card or just remove it? Any custom firmware for the 2.1 version?Thanks and sorry if these are newby questions addressed somewhere else I have not yet found on slatedroid.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
A Rockchip 2808 based tablet will never get 2.1 as the chip manufacturer, who develops the Android software for the small tablet manufacturers, has announced they will not go beyond Android 1.5 for this chip. If it is 2.1 it is not a Rockchip 2808.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.