Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,New to Android. I'm a medical research DBA out in CA for a group of hospitals. I am interested in building my own tablet apps to help us move to some electronic documentation and data use. I've been lurking around XDA Dev for a while and have started a crash course in Java leading into Android development including a class that starts in September.I've found my way here trying to locate a piece of appropriate proof of concept hardware.Thanks again, I look forward to filling my head with good information!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I think the work you are trying to do is great. Learning most anything to do with software can be a challenge unless it comes easy for you. I wish you well and hope you find all the help you need on this site. I hope I to find what I am looking for on this site too. I have my first android tablet and made the mistake of buying it from China, so I will need all the help I can get as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
i'm new in this community.I'm going to buy a tablet.I need some help from you.I want to modify my tablet to it's upmost level. Thanks for supporting me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm new to SD and Android tablets. Hoping to get some good tips and advise on how to mod my Gotab GTB1040RS

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad that slatedroid exists. It covers any android issue you may have and I look forward solving my tablet ROM problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello good people!

I am new here and this is my first post.
How I got here and why I joined this forum;..
I am the proud owner of a Raspberry Pi but had much trouble getting my computermonitor to show anything but got it fixed in the end by changing a config file in the bootsection.
Raspbian (Debian) runs well on it and via SSH I have a Quake 3 Arena server running on it via Screen.
The Raspberry is a bit slow when it comes to browsing the Internet so I decided to get myself a Cubieboard which is a little faster.
I have got my Cubieboard for 2 weeks now and still nothing on the monitor and there is no configfile to change monitorsettings.
I didn't have a clue what to do but just Googling for answers in all kinds of forums.
Via a forum I came to learn that I needed a bin to fex tool to change binaries to readable text files in order to be able to change monitor settings.
And then I hit the Slatedroidforum for some info and it asked me to join, and seeing that it has many members it must also have a lot of knowledge hidden in the many threads.
So I decided to join.
The reason for this post is that I can't get to more goodies until I have posted 3 times, so this is number one.
Normally I do only read (lurk) and say nothing until I have something useful to say, but since I have to make 3 posts before the cookiebox opens expect some "thank you for this information, it is very helpful" replies.
I mean it when I say that but I would normally only do that when I ask something and get an answer.
Anyway, wasn't a nutshell intro but you get some idea who I am.
My nick Atenner is from the cpu from the Cubieboard the Allwinner A10.
Thank you SlateDroid for your great forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I think the work you are trying to do is great. Learning most anything to do with software can be a challenge unless it comes easy for you. I wish you well and hope you find all the help you need on this site. I hope I to find what I am looking for on this site too. I have my first android tablet and made the mistake of buying it from China, so I will need all the help I can get as well. Good luck.
in the same boat you are

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck dude, that sounds awesome. Apparantley there's a ton of money to be made making software for any part of the medical field. A TON. That's a good idea.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts