Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hi. I received my 67ukp Eken M001 a few days ago. So far things seem good, the charger hasn't blown up and the connecter cable seems OK quality ;) It shipped with a 1.7.1 ROM and seems very responsive. I am well chuffed with it so far.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Enjoy your stay. Unfortunately I can't see there being a UK Eken Convention any time soon so it is a shame that none of us will ever meet ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You never know, there might be a UK convention, plenty of Eken type devices seem to be sold on ebay :)I've now upgraded to the SlateDroid V1.2 ROM - a very painless exprience (apart from forgetting to delete the upgrade files from the SD card and having to set up Wi-Fi, Location, time zone etc again). The M001 really is a very useful device and so far works far better then I could have imagined.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
A lot of people are saying that it's very unresponsive. But with the screen-protector off and using a styles coupled with the latest custom ROM I can't find fault with the UI experience.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Agreed. I like Slatedroid 1.2. I keep it in my bag all the time. Its much better for mobile browsing than my iPod touch. That doesn't get kept in my bag all the time now

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
eBay, I can't remember the name of the seller. I'd recommend that you check out the Marketplace section - there are many recommended sellers listed there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How's it going!

I just bought a number of tab from China!!!!

Got three a while back for me, wife and friend. one great, one crap, one ok.

then I got 6 more for more friends, bad idea!!!!

Should have quite while my luck was with me but to didn't know.

Now a buddy is waiting for a tab for his daughter for Christmas, and it is currently cracked open on my desk trying to get it to recover from been bricked!!!

Also the f3ckers, gave me two tab which were completely off the advertised spec, 3600mAh batt instead of 4000, 800 MHz instead of 1 GHz, I have the board in my hand trying to check the ram.

I really need help, hope you guys here can assist.

Talk soon.
Dder

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
How's it going!

I just bought a number of tab from China!!!!

Got three a while back for me, wife and friend. one great, one crap, one ok.

then I got 6 more for more friends, bad idea!!!!

Should have quite while my luck was with me but to didn't know.

Now a buddy is waiting for a tab for his daughter for Christmas, and it is currently cracked open on my desk trying to get it to recover from been bricked!!!

Also the f3ckers, gave me two tab which were completely off the advertised spec, 3600mAh batt instead of 4000, 800 MHz instead of 1 GHz, I have the board in my hand trying to check the ram.

I really need help, hope you guys here can assist.

Talk soon.
Dder
Sorry for the bad luck on other tablet you got. I wish you good luck unbrick them.

Welcome to SLD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is great, only been on here for 5 minutes and I,m already running into my neighbours, Im from sunny Derbyshire too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts