Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have this puppy with the two speakers built in and, thanks to Big D, I have it working fantastically now with the latest firmware and latest market place.

Here's my question...

Is there any way to permanently disable the 3G data network dealio? I mean, the firmware is usually built for a phone device and not a tablet, so my battery fizzles out rather quickly looking for a 3G network or phone service which is non-existent since there's no 3G modem. It's only wi-fi. I know the firmware setup I have is for the Droid device and it works great, but there are still apps showing that are for dialing and making calls. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I know Honeycomb will be tablet specific, but who knows when that sucker is coming out.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
We need to do some testing. Removing some of the system apps. Say Phone.apk can effect other goole features.

On the GT78 killing the 3G stuff made Gtalk and Market fail. but one report seems to say that is NOT the case here.

You can try renameing some of apk s in /system/apps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have the herotab m802, and I am trying to figure out the 3g issue> Does it or doesn't it ave 3g? I found out I need the Huawei e175o, ok, but then I need a sim card too? Which one fits in it? Where do I get it? What about verizon wireless mifi? does that work? I just want 3g, that's all. I was thinking I could get rid of my expensive droid phone if I could get email on my tablet with 3g. Just a thought. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have the herotab m802, and I am trying to figure out the 3g issue> Does it or doesn't it ave 3g? I found out I need the Huawei e175o, ok, but then I need a sim card too? Which one fits in it? Where do I get it? What about verizon wireless mifi? does that work? I just want 3g, that's all. I was thinking I could get rid of my expensive droid phone if I could get email on my tablet with 3g. Just a thought. Any help would be appreciated.
It will work with certain 3G modems. I got mine working with Huawei E160. Had to disable the autorun feature of the modem first to get it working. If the verizon wireless mifi is a portable wifi modem, then yes! it will work with the Herotab M802 since it is a wifi device. The Herotab should detect it as a wifi network. You just have to add it in the Network settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts