Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just did like you sayd....connect tablet to pc run .bat the tabllet reboot and nothing happens.....i m a newbie...i just purchased my dropad a8 but 2.3.3 but its kind laggy so i wwant to change firmware....when i was trying to update an error came...signature verification failed installation abort ....ivebeen trying so many different firmwares and got no luck.....any help for installing firmware??? ty

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello everyone this is my first post i own a mobiltab sleek www.mobiltabusa.com its very similar to the herotab c8 just comes with bluetooth and more memory and better camera and a U.S warranty anyway im currently running on android 2.3 and i am desperate to root this device i will donate to anyone who can send me a step by step video on how to get permanent root to this device i am sure that whatever works on the herotab will work on the mobiltab please someone help me i am very serious about making a proper donation thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
hello everyone this is my first post i own a mobiltab sleek www.mobiltabusa.com its very similar to the herotab c8 just comes with bluetooth and more memory and better camera and a U.S warranty anyway im currently running on android 2.3 and i am desperate to root this device i will donate to anyone who can send me a step by step video on how to get permanent root to this device i am sure that whatever works on the herotab will work on the mobiltab please someone help me i am very serious about making a proper donation thanks.
are you sure that you have build in bluetooth? Cant find any information on that. CPU 1,2 ghz could be the same CPU like in the dropad just a higher clock like in the evolution rom. Rest of the specs are identical with my dropad (ram / flash / cam ....)
Depending on your firmware you can use the method form the first post or the one i suggested a litte later.
At least both mehod SHOULD NOT harm you tablett if they fail.

You may want to ask the shop for the firmware so you can reflash it if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
are you sure that you have build in bluetooth? Cant find any information on that. CPU 1,2 ghz could be the same CPU like in the dropad just a higher clock like in the evolution rom. Rest of the specs are identical with my dropad (ram / flash / cam ....)
Depending on your firmware you can use the method form the first post or the one i suggested a litte later.
At least both mehod SHOULD NOT harm you tablett if they fail.

You may want to ask the shop for the firmware so you can reflash it if something goes wrong.
yes the one i have does have bluetooth and its 2megapixel camera and 8gb memory comes in a nice fancy mobiltab box and comes preinstalled with lots of cool apps i also owned a herotab c8 before the mobiltab sleek is a little better with these upgrades and it also is a little thinner and lighter then the herotab c8 they are out of stock right now on there website and i think the info on there website is outdated but i can assure you that all there new stock is shipping out with those upgrades they also have a promo code where you can get everything the device the keyboard case with built in mouse and HDMI cable for only $249.99 ships out of California thats how much i got it for i will let everyone know about the promo code once they have more in stock, anyway what i need is a video a step by step video for how to root this device if you can do that for me i will donate to you i am not very good with rooting and things like that please help me ive been trying to root this device for days i read all the forums and posts and i cant understand it if you can help me please also reply to my email its [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
yes the one i have does have bluetooth and its 2megapixel camera and 8gb memory comes in a nice fancy mobiltab box and comes preinstalled with lots of cool apps i also owned a herotab c8 before the mobiltab sleek is a little better with these upgrades and it also is a little thinner and lighter then the herotab c8 they are out of stock right now on there website and i think the info on there website is outdated but i can assure you that all there new stock is shipping out with those upgrades they also have a promo code where you can get everything the device the keyboard case with built in mouse and HDMI cable for only $249.99 ships out of California thats how much i got it for i will let everyone know about the promo code once they have more in stock, anyway what i need is a video a step by step video for how to root this device if you can do that for me i will donate to you i am not very good with rooting and things like that please help me ive been trying to root this device for days i read all the forums and posts and i cant understand it if you can help me please also reply to my email its [email protected] thanks
i have used gingerbreak one time and then i have used superoneclick another time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow sounds good. Without at least the firmware which you should request from the vendor its just gussing what could work on your pad.
You will easly finds videos how to use gingerbreak maybe that works if your fimrware is not that messed up than the one on the dropad.
At least the gingerbreak app is quite save so you give it a try. The root.bat from the first post is a "just click on it" solution so if gingerbreak
give it a try i'm sure you wont need a video to klick on the bat file.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just bought a herotab with stock gingerbread 2.3 (kernel with august date on it). 1 Ghz spv5210, 512 RaM, 4 GB nand flash and a 2 megapixel camera. It came with a separate 4 gb micro sd card. I have read this excellent forum for three days straight, but cannot find how to root my device.
Many of the methods posted are many months old, and no longer work.

Running gingerbreak turns off the device after 30 seconds (it shows 'remove external sd card' a few times while running in notification bar), and when i restart it, the superuser is installed, but the device is not rooted. I know its not rooted because when I run rootexplorer, I still dont have read/write ability or superuser prompt. Any changes I make are gone when I restart.

Please help me, where can I find the rooting directions for gingerbread?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please help me, where can I find the rooting directions for gingerbread?
Either try this it works for me with your firmware,
or just flash a already rooted rom. evolution, paradise, .... all greade roms with mich better performance than the Stock rom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
thank you derpeter, i followed the instructions and got it rooted (stock gingerbread 2.3),
. I am very grateful to you man. Thumbs up.
Your welcome, have fun with your dropad :)

Maybe Mr Tasselhoff can update the first post of this threat so new members can find the solution that works with current firmwares more easly.

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
80 Posts
GOT ROOT ;-)

as mentioned before the the root bat dont works on newer firmware version so i was searching for an exploid for the 2.6.35.7 kernel.
We are lucy the exploid used in gingerbreak works fine (at least on my fimware 20110705.200138).

(DISCLAMER you do all this on your own rist if you break your pad dont blame me. You may want to backup some files bevor messing arround...)

So what you need to do is.

1. install super user app
2. install ginger break (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765)
3: run ginger break (maybe you need to place the su bin from the first post at /system/bin first)
3: run adb shell (on your PC)
3.1: cd /system/bin
3.2: ./su
know the super user app should ask you do allow this
3.3: rm /system/busybox/bin/su

now you should be root with all apps :)
thx work with dropad a8t

·
Registered
134 Posts
How did you determine you are not rooted? Does a certain application not work/request root properly? All of them?
Hey ransagy, not all apps require root, a handful of them too. Apps that allow you to backup system data, make changes to system files, lock screen, taking screen shots, delete stock apps and so on require root to work.

Follow this link to read more about ten such apps. Hope this answers your question my friend.

http://lifehacker.com/5806135/the-10-best-android-apps-that-make-rooting-your-phone-worth-the-hassle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, i tested it with Haipad M7 2.3.1 (0728) firmware and it works nice, i got Root Explorer and many other root apps working , here i just try to clarify your steps to make it easier to understand:

1.- Install Gingerbreak 1.2 on the tablet, get here (i didn't install superuser app beforehand)
2.- Run Gingerbreak 1.2 and press "Root Device" Button, tablet will turn off in this step, just turn back on.
3.- Connect tablet to PC, you must have USB Debugging enabled on the tablet, and make sure you got ADB and usb drivers already installed, you can get adb and usb drivers here.
4.- Open Command prompt on PC, and browse to the folder where you got adb.exe (just copy adb folder to C:/ to make it easier).
5.- In command prompt type "adb shell" (without quotes) and hit enter.
6.- In command prompt type "cd /system/bin" and hit enter.
7.- In command prompt type "./su", and hit enter, in this step in the tablet will show a pop up asking for permission, just press "Allow", if the pop up doesn't show just wait a few seconds and repeat this step.
8.- On command prompt type "rm /system/busybox/bin/su" and hit enter, that's all.

*Fix on step 8, my fault.
Amazing. Thanks for this. I can confirm su works on the Cambridge Systems Vector G7 (a Dropad C8/Herotab A8 clone). Root is working, managed to changed LCD density.

Great work guys. I'll let you know if I can get Cyanogen Mod working on it (although this is good enough for the moment!). Requires a miniature screwdriver though…

Tank

141 - 160 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.