Android Tablets Forum banner
341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought it from ebay.co.uk . Does it have to be mentioned at item listing page or is that a default ebay policy?
Warranty was specified on the product page. I got further clarity ablout it being onsite after I spoke to him. But I think u should talk to customer care of ebay about this issue and ur dissatisfaction for the product, if u have bought it recently. They should probably figure out a way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'm sorry if i'm asking at wrong thread..
at the first time i buy my c8, it's no problem with the camera... i even tried it to set my photo as widget on galery

but after i have trouble with the pad (thx it revive again) now it's not working well..
i mean, if i press the camera button.. all screen become green even if i capture a photo

the problem on software or maybe the hardware like pressed wires or something?
thx before for your kindness and sorry for my bad english..

·
Registered
549 Posts
i'm sorry if i'm asking at wrong thread..
at the first time i buy my c8, it's no problem with the camera... i even tried it to set my photo as widget on galery

but after i have trouble with the pad (thx it revive again) now it's not working well..
i mean, if i press the camera button.. all screen become green even if i capture a photo

the problem on software or maybe the hardware like pressed wires or something?
thx before for your kindness and sorry for my bad english..
strange, your 'c8' is acting like a coby mid7024. it uses a different camera chip and the only way to correct it is with a hex editor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
strange, your 'c8' is acting like a coby mid7024. it uses a different camera chip and the only way to correct it is with a hex editor.
really? i don't know anything about that. so it looks like a driver for the camera

then what kind of hex editor should i do? would you mind to share the steps?
and what should have c8's camera to be? so i can compare mine with the standard c8's camera.
thx anyway bro...

·
Registered
549 Posts
really? i don't know anything about that. so it looks like a driver for the camera

then what kind of hex editor should i do? would you mind to share the steps?
and what should have c8's camera to be? so i can compare mine with the standard c8's camera.
thx anyway bro...
honestly, it is too strange to be true. . ergo not true . . a coincidence then...
but here's a link to read about it. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2/18739-mid7024-all-you-need-know-4.html
their tab is 95 percent same, ah but that 5 percent diff is a killer . . . flxrms ( modder ) visits both forums.

·
Registered
10 Posts
honestly, it is too strange to be true. . ergo not true . . a coincidence then...
but here's a link to read about it. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2/18739-mid7024-all-you-need-know-4.html
their tab is 95 percent same, ah but that 5 percent diff is a killer . . . flxrms ( modder ) visits both forums.
thx for the information and i agree with you...its really weird

but let the weird thing is happen, what do you suggest?
after i read about camera problem on that forum, it said that i have to "play" with "u-boot.bin"
should i :
1. re-flashing with modify u-boot.bin (edit camera=gc0308 with hi704)?
2. find another camera.apk?
3. find another way to put that u-boot file without re-flashing?
and i still curious about the difference type of camera between my c8 and mostly c8

·
Registered
549 Posts
thx for the information and i agree with you...its really weird

but let the weird thing is happen, what do you suggest?
after i read about camera problem on that forum, it said that i have to "play" with "u-boot.bin"
should i :
1. re-flashing with modify u-boot.bin (edit camera=gc0308 with hi704)?
2. find another camera.apk?
3. find another way to put that u-boot file without re-flashing?
and i still curious about the difference type of camera between my c8 and mostly c8
going down that path is UGLY... is there any possible way the seller would take it back ? . imho, best idea.
. . . .
a guru / dev type person ( i am not ) would say 'capture a dmesg of the camera complaining'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
going down that path is UGLY... is there any possible way the seller would take it back ? . imho, best idea.
. . . .
a guru / dev type person ( i am not ) would say 'capture a dmesg of the camera complaining'.
what do you mean by "capture d message"? coz there is no message appear about that "green screen"

well..coz there is no solution and i'm not sure about the seller, i'll try to forget about this feature..
at least my boy still enjoy it with the games and i satisfied with the "mobile browsing"..
thx bro for your attention...it means a lot

·
Registered
880 Posts
what do you mean by "capture d message"? coz there is no message appear about that "green screen"

well..coz there is no solution and i'm not sure about the seller, i'll try to forget about this feature..
at least my boy still enjoy it with the games and i satisfied with the "mobile browsing"..
thx bro for your attention...it means a lot
'dmesg' is a log function of android (linux).
using ADB on your PC or applications on the pad you can read that log,
sometimes it contains useful informations that can help to find problems.

And dont worry, the camera isnt that good anyway, i am not shure when i ever used it
(its no good for barcode scanning, videocalls with the manipulated skype are possible, but realy...).

·
Registered
10 Posts
'dmesg' is a log function of android (linux).
using ADB on your PC or applications on the pad you can read that log,
sometimes it contains useful informations that can help to find problems.

And dont worry, the camera isnt that good anyway, i am not shure when i ever used it
(its no good for barcode scanning, videocalls with the manipulated skype are possible, but realy...).
i don't know how to operates linux

could you teach me how to use tht application? who knows i can get any information about my weird c8..
btw i want to operates "again" tht camera coz i got info tht c8 can make videocall through manipulated skype
but like you said... it's not cool enough, right?

thx a lot bro..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi blindshark,
i am quite a bad teacher probably because of the lack of my own knowledge

Also it would bust this thread out of its direction.
If you install ADB on your PC you can connect your Pad via USB and manipulate many things via the command line,
also the dmesg command which is basicly a list of things you r pad has done and some errors that occured.
There are also some apps you can load from the android market to view it.
Most of the info you get from dmesg is very obscure and not very helpful to most people (and it is a ****load of unuseful/unrelated stuff too)
but you might get infos about what camera module is expected so you can use that info in the thread old_fart pointed you to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi blindshark,
i am quite a bad teacher probably because of the lack of my own knowledge

Also it would bust this thread out of its direction.
If you install ADB on your PC you can connect your Pad via USB and manipulate many things via the command line,
also the dmesg command which is basicly a list of things you r pad has done and some errors that occured.
There are also some apps you can load from the android market to view it.
Most of the info you get from dmesg is very obscure and not very helpful to most people (and it is a ****load of unuseful/unrelated stuff too)
but you might get infos about what camera module is expected so you can use that info in the thread old_fart pointed you to.
hmm...adb tools on cmd.exe right? i will try it...
i'm sorry if it's become out of topic and thank you so much for everything..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help - earlier today my Dropad A8 froze, so I hit the manual power switch to turn it off. But when I turned it on, the battery icon now says zero percent, and none of the buttons or the touchscreen will work! I'm left just staring at the lock screen. I've turned it off and on many times and it still won't work. I know I could just reset the firmware, but I REALLY don't want to lose every app that I have. I couldn't even remember them all. I'm running Fragcompany.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got 2 problems

1.I dont know if it's just me but my touchscreen sometimes just turns off and cant be used until i hardreset the device
2. When the tab is charging it get randoms touchpoints and can selfunlock pinch too zoom etc with me not even touching the device

·
Registered
549 Posts
i got 2 problems

1.I dont know if it's just me but my touchscreen sometimes just turns off and cant be used until i hardreset the device
2. When the tab is charging it get randoms touchpoints and can selfunlock pinch too zoom etc with me not even touching the device
could be a hardware issue -or- a software issue. . i'm guessing its software corruption. . ->> re-load / reflash ! . did you recently drop the hardware ? . did you recently change the microHCsd card ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I need help - earlier today my Dropad A8 froze, so I hit the manual power switch to turn it off. But when I turned it on, the battery icon now says zero percent, and none of the buttons or the touchscreen will work! I'm left just staring at the lock screen. I've turned it off and on many times and it still won't work. I know I could just reset the firmware, but I REALLY don't want to lose every app that I have. I couldn't even remember them all. I'm running Fragcompany.

Thanks
what happens when you attach the usb cable ? any luck there ? . if you "absolutely do not want to loose important stuff, then you need to remove the back cover to get at the internal sd card ( or is the important stuff on the external card ? )...
imho, needs a re-load / re-flash

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings - first time post.

What does it mean when both red and green charging lights are activated on my Herotab C8?

I haven't changed the software or done anything to the hardware or firmware of my C8. However, I've noticed problems with the charging tip of the power cord - it bends really easily. As of two weeks ago, charging problems developed (the red light would turn off even while being plugged in and the device would no longer say it was charging). The problem has escalated. I ultimately determined that the charging tip had a bad connection in it which kept the power from getting to the tablet. No big deal - I can replace the charging tip with one that won't bend so much and attach the power cable to it.

After doing so, the tablet accepts no charge whatsoever, thinks it's charging when the modified power cord is plugged in, and has both the red and the green charging LEDs activated simultaneously. I'm still puting out about 9.5vDC from the transformer, have no shorting problems in my new tip, and have even tried directly fixing the original tip's connection problem - same problem, same lights on.

341 - 360 of 372 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.