Android Tablets Forum banner
181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
After looking at the processor specs on the link below of this tablet known as the mercury tab, a doubt was raised in my mind - When I say that the processor speed of my tablet is 1.2ghz or of any inter dropad in question, does it mean by default that the speed is in terms of (CPU+GPU+VPU) or its only the CPU speed?

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-tablet&subtitle=tablet&productid=1092

Sent from my Dropad A8 using Evolution2 (by prox32)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just saw the specs of the dropad A8, but mine are different.
It says 4GB on internal flash memory, however I've found they use a 1GB chip for the OS, and a 3GB microSD card.
The 3GB micro SD card seems a bad make of some company selling off their 4GB micro SD cards that have a few bad clusters.

Not bad though, the card still has 3 GB of working memory, added to the 1 GB of faster memory for the OS.

I tried exchanging the internal 3GB micro SD card with an 8GB card without success.
It seems for some reason not recognized.

Anyways, those where my finds on my Dropad A8 (aside from the terrible battery and stretched screen, and junpy touch screen when plugged in AC, it's a good pad)!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone - just wanted to thank you all for your informative forum. Based on the videos and comments I purchased a Herotab C8 and it's been a dream machine. I carelessly locked myself out, but oh well that just gave me a chance to benefit further from your expertise. After returning to the forum for ideas, I put on the latest Evolution ROM which has worked very well so far. I found limited specific information on the forum of anyone saying how to determine the exact power charger specs. If you're wondering, this came up since I've thought about getting an extra charger for it. The existing adapter identifies itself using HW222SSLL 9Vdc 1500ma; it seems to possibly (?) be a Behringer. Moments ago the battery voltage read 7516mV, which I found quite odd, and now it's more like 7531mV (it's charging). Has the achilles heel of this particular device been it's power adapter would you say?

One last question if I may; the Evolution ROM allows me root access which is great but so far I've not found how to tweak it so it stops wasting battery thinking it's a phone when it's not. Anyone care to clue me in?

Much obliged to everyone -- Michael (Laurel, Maryland)

Hey, I just saw the specs of the dropad A8, but mine are different.
It says 4GB on internal flash memory, however I've found they use a 1GB chip for the OS, and a 3GB microSD card.
The 3GB micro SD card seems a bad make of some company selling off their 4GB micro SD cards that have a few bad clusters.

Not bad though, the card still has 3 GB of working memory, added to the 1 GB of faster memory for the OS.

I tried exchanging the internal 3GB micro SD card with an 8GB card without success.
It seems for some reason not recognized.

Anyways, those where my finds on my Dropad A8 (aside from the terrible battery and stretched screen, and junpy touch screen when plugged in AC, it's a good pad)!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying one of these tablets and have been looking around for information about them. I stumbled onto this video today sorry if the link doesnt work properly:

I was wondering if someone could tell me how easy this is to do as I'd love to be able to do this on a tablet! Also I'd like to know how well it runs and what the limitations are.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
An example of a software being used in the video is Splashtop Remote, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.splashtop.remote&feature=search_result. I have tried it on my nexus s, works like a charm. Haven't tried it on my tablet yet.

Depending on where you are, more and more tablets are going to be available for the same money or less, so you may want to wait and have a bigger selection to choose from. Having said that, I would not have bought any other device because this one (Herotab C8/Dropad A8) gets the job done beautifully, and has an excellent community support system. Good luck .

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying one of these tablets and have been looking around for information about them. I stumbled onto this video today sorry if the link doesnt work properly:

I was wondering if someone could tell me how easy this is to do as I'd love to be able to do this on a tablet! Also I'd like to know how well it runs and what the limitations are.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys. Just ordered Haipad M7 (same thing to Herotab C8 - different brand) .
I' new here. any one can tell me is there any post in this forum mention gameloft games and what version they work on C8, please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Question, I read the guide for the teardown guide for the C8. Thing is I tried to flash a custom rom (followed the instructions on the dev forums) but the only thing showing is the linux penguin logo and its not going through. Do I have to tear my tablet down and remove the stock SD card to replace a new one? Or I need to do something else

·
Registered
134 Posts
Question, I read the guide for the teardown guide for the C8. Thing is I tried to flash a custom rom (followed the instructions on the dev forums) but the only thing showing is the linux penguin logo and its not going through. Do I have to tear my tablet down and remove the stock SD card to replace a new one? Or I need to do something else
Hello mags, hope you are well.For updating and flashing new ROMS, its not normally required to removed the internal SD card. In order for me or someone else with more experience to help you, please provide more data as following:

1. Which ROM were you upgrading from?
2. Which ROM did you try to update to?
3. On pressing Menu + power, did it go into boot update mode?

Anything at this stage can just be easily as fixed by trying another ROM. Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Using stock rom kernel 2.6.35.7 build 2.3.1 gingerbread 20110521.161334
2. Planning to upgrade to genesis 2.7.1
3. It does go to the update screen but after that it shows the linux logo and thats it it will not go through...

Thanks for the assist

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone - just wanted to thank you all for your informative forum. Based on the videos and comments I purchased a Herotab C8 and it's been a dream machine. I carelessly locked myself out, but oh well that just gave me a chance to benefit further from your expertise. After returning to the forum for ideas, I put on the latest Evolution ROM which has worked very well so far. I found limited specific information on the forum of anyone saying how to determine the exact power charger specs. If you're wondering, this came up since I've thought about getting an extra charger for it. The existing adapter identifies itself using HW222SSLL 9Vdc 1500ma; it seems to possibly (?) be a Behringer. Moments ago the battery voltage read 7516mV, which I found quite odd, and now it's more like 7531mV (it's charging). Has the achilles heel of this particular device been it's power adapter would you say?

One last question if I may; the Evolution ROM allows me root access which is great but so far I've not found how to tweak it so it stops wasting battery thinking it's a phone when it's not. Anyone care to clue me in?

Much obliged to everyone -- Michael (Laurel, Maryland)
Hello
I saw in your post that the adapter in question is model HW222SSLL which is the same as the one provided with my Fly Touch Android pad. One of the wires is broken on said adapter and to replace it I need to know the polarity of the original adapter. Does anyone know the answer to this? Any help would be much appreciated as I am unable to use the pad for the time being and don't want to fry the electronics by picking the wrong polarity. EH Canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello I have been reading through this forum to try to figure out which tablet I should buy I was so happy to dcide on thr C8 until I saw that there is a C8M and a c8+ the only differenc I can see is that the C8M has bluetooth and only one USB port I'd also like to know how hard its going to be to get this thing up and running as nicely as yours on your video's I am not at all tech savy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice review and information. But you did not mention details about Bluetooth & GPS.

Some of the device did not have Bluetooth. It's important for me to stream an audio and play musics or video to my car via bluetooth.

Such as this Dropad A8T: http://dx.com/p/dropad-a8t-7-capacitive-android-2-3-tablet-pc-w-wi-fi-hdmi-bluetooth-black-4gb-a8-1ghz-109740

It did mention availability of Bluetooth v2.1 EDR. I wonder what EDR means? Also about HDMI, is it play video + Audio well on TV? There are some tablet with HDMI that only play video on TV when audio just played on the Tablet.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.