Android Tablets Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1167 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, I gave this one a try & using external SD upgrade method it worked without any major issues. I use these devices for streaming movies from letmewatchthis etc..when I try to watch something on these now it states I need a premium account to view mobile content.. IS there a work around for this?? I have used several android 2.1 devices which have all worked fine + is there a work around for Netflix??

SEE ALSO!!
I made the mistake of upgrading another tablet like this (Dropad A8)earlier & bricked my tablet because I tried to do it using internal SD only!

The tablet doesn;t turn on anymore
Would I need to take the tablet apart to access the internal SD card? or is there an easier way? sorry for all the questions.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 2 cents worth suggestion. Now since you are out of the problem. Use it for some time. Be familiar. Enjoy the tablet. Use it reading,viewing Youtube videos or playing games etc. Then think of other CFWs. Prox32 ROMs are good. I am using his Evolution 3.1.1. Very stable. Now he is coming up with another upgrade which probably will be based on 1010. Follow the reviews and may be after couple of weeks reflash with that or any other tried & tested one,
Good luck, Madan
Which one are you currently using? & does it support online streaming other then you-tube..maybe netflix or letmewatchthis??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am not using any other site than You Tube for video streaming but I see no reason why it should not support streaming by netflix etc.
Thanks, I got netflix to work after downloading skyfire from the market. Letmewatchthis is a no go, which is a bummer because it's free..

I have another Dropad A8 here that I updated using the PC-Internal Sd method and now it's bricked. Do I need to take out my internal SD to fix this issue? or is there a different work around?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks, I got netflix to work after downloading skyfire from the market. Letmewatchthis is a no go, which is a bummer because it's free..

I have another Dropad A8 here that I updated using the PC-Internal Sd method and now it's bricked. Do I need to take out my internal SD to fix this issue? or is there a different work around?

Thanks again.
Opening the tab will not help. There is a forum advising on this topic. Pl go thru that. However you may try copying all the files on extrnal SD card using your windows machine then insert that in tab. press menu & power button together and if you see update system activated, you are thru. Wait till the rom loads and enjoy,
good luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
Opening the tab will not help. There is a forum advising on this topic. Pl go thru that. However you may try copying all the files on extrnal SD card using your windows machine then insert that in tab. press menu & power button together and if you see update system activated, you are thru. Wait till the rom loads and enjoy,
good luck
The tablet is bricked..from what I've read I need to open the tablet up & do something with the internal SD card. I've already tried several times to update using the external sd, but because I did the first update using the PC to internal sd I corrupted the boot loader or something because it doesn;t want to turn on.. The only thing it does it show a red light or green light when charging..nothing else!

I opened the tablet last night, hair dryer to reheat the 2sided tape is a must! I popped the internal SD card out and tried various methods to get it powered up or recognized by my computer..
Computer picked it up as SEC S5PC110 Test B/D only while holding the power button..From what I've read, I would need to short circuit 7 & 8 on the main chip which bypasses the bootloader stored in the flash memory + it should show up as a usb device on my pc also.

I haven;t tried this method yet because I'm unsure of which firmware build to use. Is there a specific firmware for this particular situation?? I'm assuming it would have to be a full factory firmware flash to recover it. If so, which one do I use? & is it as simple as formatting internal sd and transferring firmware??

·
Registered
73 Posts
The tablet is bricked..from what I've read I need to open the tablet up & do something with the internal SD card. I've already tried several times to update using the external sd, but because I did the first update using the PC to internal sd I corrupted the boot loader or something because it doesn;t want to turn on.. The only thing it does it show a red light or green light when charging..nothing else!

I opened the tablet last night, hair dryer to reheat the 2sided tape is a must! I popped the internal SD card out and tried various methods to get it powered up or recognized by my computer..
Computer picked it up as SEC S5PC110 Test B/D only while holding the power button..From what I've read, I would need to short circuit 7 & 8 on the main chip which bypasses the bootloader stored in the flash memory + it should show up as a usb device on my pc also.

I haven;t tried this method yet because I'm unsure of which firmware build to use. Is there a specific firmware for this particular situation?? I'm assuming it would have to be a full factory firmware flash to recover it. If so, which one do I use? & is it as simple as formatting internal sd and transferring firmware??
Logically any firmware should be OK. However I will advise you to go thru appropriate forum and seek help there.I have never faced this so my knowledge is only theoretical.
Good Luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks very much the same, also the specs, but no guarantee and own risk

Only thing I'm wondering is battery, Dropad has 7.4V at 2500 mA but maybe it's wrong. Regardless of the voltage forget about 12 h battery life. If you don't touch it maybe, but not in real life

·
Registered
6 Posts
I´m really confused!!!
After a lot of bricks and unbricks, my tablet (dropad A8) ONLY can run HerotabC8_V2.2_2011_03_01 firmware. This is so frustrating!!!! There´s a lot of WONDERFUL firmwares around and i can´t use it because, when i try to flash it, ever is the same: Black screen after the "update file system".
Any idea? I´ve tryed everithing about formating both, internal and external cards... But in the past i could update without any problem, only after a "soft brick" all my broblems began.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently purchased a Tablet GT-7220 Genesis saying that manufacturing is built by the manufacturer Skyworth, with capacitive screen and processor SAMSUNG S5PV210 Cortex A8 1GHz with 512 Mb of RAM, with Android 2.3
Analyzing the Internet, I found that this tablet has the same hardware Dropad A8/Herotab C8.

I would like to know how to route the phone because I could not with any known, or, if I install a firmware Dropad this Tablet that is already routed.
I saw the GT-7104 model has the same characteristics as the difference, Resistive screen.

I've found several tutorials that allow you to upgrade the Tablet Dropad / Herotab C8 among other models,
Coby Tablet Until 7022 that is known here, says it is compatible with the Dropad.

Does anyone know if a program that lets you view Apk the Tablet hardware without opening, like an Everest only for Android?
Well I have doubts, but I recommend that this tablet does not leave any wish, is an excellent equipment.
What I really need is to try to install Chanfire3D so you can see how the implementation of HD gaming.
The others do not catch ... The HD games still can not, because not having installed Chanfire3D.

Anyone could help?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi there and congrats to your purchase.
Rooting can (normally) be archieved with Gingerbreak or Z4Root (both APKs), if they don't work install either Superoneclick on your PC or try one of the different available ROMs here (AFAIK they are all pre-rooted)

Does anyone know if a program that lets you view Apk the Tablet hardware without opening, like an Everest only for Android?
Well I have doubts, but I recommend that this tablet does not leave any wish, is an excellent equipment.
What I really need is to try to install Chanfire3D so you can see how the implementation of HD gaming.
The others do not catch ... The HD games still can not, because not having installed Chanfire3D.
Sorry, but translation is quite unreadable, please try again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just telling, new update from Haipad. Although for the M7X, the board is the same (M7X seems to have built-in GPS on UART2, BT on UART1, and a different wifi chip. Board name is MID-712b).
Build date is 2011/10/24
Release date is 2011/11/02
Download availability date is 2011/11/07

So from now on, this firmware is [1102]

Official download:
http://115.com/file/bhu6d5m7

Mirror(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?naw76saro782kv6
i try with Hero tab C8M,but it can't boot.
Help me pls.

·
Registered
880 Posts
szhaipad.com has a new download for the Haipad M7S in their download section,
it is named "Haipad M7S 1117" and was uploaded on 2011/11/30.
acording to the google translation it is only for the M7S model (no idea what distinguishes it from the others so be careful if you are not shure what model you have)
"此固件是Haipad M7S专用固件,请M7,M7+,M7++,M7M,M7X的用户不要使用此固件刷机" ->
"This firmware is Haipad M7S special firmware, M7, M7+, M7++, M7M, M7X users do not use this firmware"

szhaipad.com source
115.com original upload
Multiupload mirror

·
Registered
880 Posts
Symbean has posted a new official firmware at 99pad.com
It is has the Honeycomb UI of pervious releases running on a Gingerbread core.
This firmware seems to be packaged for a exhibition (at least that is what i think because of a 'zz_exebition_preinstall' patch.
Not shure if there is anything new or changed in this firmware i did not flash it.
This firmware is for the M7, m7+, m7++... NOT for the M7S or M7X

Release: 20111205
Release thread:
[[removed]]
original download link:
[[removed]]
Multiupload mirror:
[[removed]]

//EDIT: I have tested this myself now.
It is as expected Gingerbread with a very usable Honeycomb UI,
it has the very old Market v2.2.6(?) installed (i updated manualy to 3.3.11), LCD density changer helped me away from the 200 to a 160 DPI resolution (much more usable for me)
The included WeatherClock Widget seems to be only able to show chinese weather, not even the sugested 'Los Angeles' weather worked.
Antutu showed me a 3226 points and Quadradnt Standard 1884.
I had to update a whole lot apps by hand like flashplayer, Busybox, Voice Search and youtube but right now it seems to run well enough.
Oh, and i use ADW launcher EX with it '^^

//EDIT2: i removed the download links because that 'official' firmware contained the chinese version of the payed app 'Root Explorer'
sorry for the inconveneance

1121 - 1140 of 1167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.