Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My other half and I both have Herotab C8s and love them. We both noticed recently that when plugging the chargers in that sometimes we had to wiggle the lead or the plug and sometimes had to support the charger wire in a particular way to get the tablet to charge.
A few days ago both our chargers stopped working completely (Disaster!!) and I immediately ordered a new charger from Merimobiles.

While waiting for the new charger to arrive I thought I would have a look at the old ones to see if I could find where the problem was. I found that the negative wire where it is soldered to the plug that plugs in to the tablet had broken the solder on both chargers, in addition the plug on one had totally broken across its base.

I did some research in to the plug size and did some hunting around in the internet for replacement plugs. The size described in the forum is 2.35 x 0.75 x 1.0mm.
I found some plugs on ebay sized at 2.35 x 0.7 x 0.9. I have always thought the original was a bit of a loose fit and always stuck out a bit so thought I would order these slightly smaller plugs and give them a try as there was not much to lose.

Anyway, the job to connect them turned out to be very easy and took about 10 minutes each. You just slide the outer sleeve of the new plug over the wire. Bare the ends of the two wires and poke then through the holes in the connector plug and then solder them in place. Slide the outer cover up and screw on to the plug. Great! Both chargers now charge perfectly and cost me about £2 each to repair. The new plugs are a much better fit than the original too!

Just in case people are not sure of which wire is which to solder the new plug on. One of the chargers I had, had a blue wire and a red wire when I stripped off the insulation. The positive is the red wire and goes to the centre connector and the Blue wire is the negative and goes to the outside connector.

The other charger was twin core and had a black wire with a grey line, this is the positive and a plain black wire which is the negative.

The item I searched for on ebay was "DC Power Adapter Plug/Connector 2.35/0.7mm", if you have trouble finding one, them PM me and I will send you a link to the person I bought mine from (Don't want to be in trouble with forum rules).

I hope this will help someone save a few quid and get their charger up and running.

Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tarsier

The size plug I used is a better fit than the original in my opinion. I found the original to be a bit loose where as the new one is a nice firm fit without having to force it.
Will PM you a link where I got mine from.

Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this exact problem on my kid's Herotab, googled the part, ordered from some guy on eBay for < $2 US (shipping included). I'm not very good a soldering but this was trivial and the connector fits/charges perfectly now!

Even though it was obvious to me which wire to connect to the center connector, I used an xacto knife and sliced open the old connector just to be sure. For the record in my case, the wires were red and white - red being the positive.

The hardest part of this was waiting the 3 weeks+ for the part to arrive from China! But, even though I probably could have found it locally, for $1.90, it's not worth my time and the gas to drive to Frys.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had this exact problem on my kid's Herotab, googled the part, ordered from some guy on eBay for < $2 US (shipping included). I'm not very good a soldering but this was trivial and the connector fits/charges perfectly now!

Even though it was obvious to me which wire to connect to the center connector, I used an xacto knife and sliced open the old connector just to be sure. For the record in my case, the wires were red and white - red being the positive.

The hardest part of this was waiting the 3 weeks+ for the part to arrive from China! But, even though I probably could have found it locally, for $1.90, it's not worth my time and the gas to drive to Frys.
Maybe interesting?
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/211017/AC+Adapter+for+S-WMC-0197.htm
you can order a new charger around $13

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe...

But, the plug is not for US outlets and not sure if the connector is the right size for the Herotab C8? I agree with the OP in that the connector that came with the tablet did not fit right - the OP's recommended replacement connector fits perfectly.

DD

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am looking for the DC JACK for the HEROTAB C8

can someone please help?

when i say jack i mean the dc jack that is mounted in the device itself.
my measurements for the cavity are 9.4mm x 5mm
the jack itself has an internal NC switch that connects the battery to the device while not being charged.

if you have any information that may help, thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.