Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.I just got the device about 3 days ago. First I had some problems with the right adapter, but once I found and bought the right now, it actually worked. I layed around with it, cleaned it a bit up (deleted qq, msn and so on) and it was actually quite a good time. Then battery ran low, i plugged it in and now it doesnt want to start up anymore.If i press the button long, it restarts, till the point, where the android lettering is shown blinking, then it vanishes or if I press the normal "back button", it immediately shows the android lettering, it links a bit and then it turns of AGAIN!so can you help me?

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Could be that the battery or one of the two is dead! If you have warranty on the device, I would send back to seller, if you didn't have warranty at all, open the device an check the batteries. The problem could come from the power adapter. As the device use LIPO (Lithium Polymer) Batteries, the power adapter (charger) must produce "clean" power for to charge the batteries and keep them alive. Normally you should have get a adapter with the device because it's part of the set. But if you bought the device from ebay or even private, that could be a problem!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well a friend bought it for me from Thailand actually.And everything, until...I suppose I wont have warranty, since I wont be going to Thailand anytime soon. You would recommend, to open the device? Because the power source is alright as it seems to me... Green light is on, everything seems to be running smooth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote name='cooper;53164]Hey guys.I just got the device about 3 days ago. First I had some problems with the right adapter' date=' but once I found and bought the right now, it actually worked. I layed around with it, cleaned it a bit up (deleted qq, msn and so on) and it was actually quite a good time. Then battery ran low, i plugged it in and now it doesnt want to start up anymore.If i press the button long, it restarts, till the point, where the android lettering is shown blinking, then it vanishes or if I press the normal "back button", it immediately shows the android lettering, it links a bit and then it turns of AGAIN!so can you help me?[/QUOTE'] The behavior you describe is exactly what happens when the battery is too low. I'd suggest getting a power adapter that puts out at least 2 Amps, and see if that helps. If not, then the obvious answer is that one of the batteries is dead.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Many of the power adapters are bad out of the box or go bad after an hour or two charging. Mine did and there are many reports of the same thing on Dealextreme. I bought a 1.5A universal Charger at wallmart that had the right tip. Works just fine. Also bought a Car charger 1.2 amp that works also.If you don't have one already you will need a MicroSD card. Get a class 4 or higher rating (write speed >4MB/sec) size depends on your budget.Check out the wiki for info on installing a custom Rom. getting market to work etc.Enjoy your slate.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Special LIPO Batteries are quite sensitive regarding Power Charger! Many chargers will work, but many of them will shorten the lifetime of the LIPO Batteries. Bad power chargers also having a effect in using time of that battery! I use a clean power charger which is mainly used by RC-Pilots for to charge the LIPO Batteries for RC Planes. Those charger is powered with an DC 12 Volt adapter. The using time of my Eken M003 is more than 4 hour!!

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;53687]While you may be correct that a better charger increases battery lifetime' date=' it is doubtful that the power supply provided was high quality to begin with.[/QUOTE'] You're just right! But bad power supplies could easy damage LIPO Batteries even that those Batteries not anymore usefull at all! That's why I wrote that he may need to open the device and check those batteries externally! Because it's also possible that the internal power regulator is damaged as well!So, I would open the device, unplug the batteries and check them, first how much power they still holding and secondly connect the charger directly to the batteries and charge them for min 3-4 hour. After that check the capacity of the batteries again and compare. For those who has a bit knowledge about electronic, it's a easy job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.