Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a problem with my tablet and hope you can help me (NOTE: I am a beginner in Android and request consideration).

Under "Settings" / "memory" of the internal memory is listed twice.

Disadvantage: On the smaller partition (0.89 GB) all apps & data is stored and eventually it's over. The large partition (5.86 GB) remain unaffected and would like to change this.

The question to you - how do I do that or you can from the two partitions - create a "total partition"?

The original firmware "ZT282_E8_1n_1GB_C71 + _Android4.0_0709_V1.3" (latest and last firmware published by Zenithink of 13/07/2012) I have been playing over again today - unfortunately, everything remains unchanged.

Thank you for your help and hope I can use all the memory soon.

Regards,

Your "ZentithinkC71UPGRADE newbie"

PS: Please simple English - my English is not very good ...

Light Gadget Font Multimedia Electronic device

Attachments

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Hi there,

I have a problem with my tablet and hope you can help me (NOTE: I am a beginner in Android and request consideration).

Under "Settings" / "memory" of the internal memory is listed twice.

Disadvantage: On the smaller partition (0.89 GB) all apps & data is stored and eventually it's over. The large partition (5.86 GB) remain unaffected and would like to change this.

The question to you - how do I do that or you can from the two partitions - create a "total partition"?

The original firmware "ZT282_E8_1n_1GB_C71 + _Android4.0_0709_V1.3" (latest and last firmware published by Zenithink of 13/07/2012) I have been playing over again today - unfortunately, everything remains unchanged.

Thank you for your help and hope I can use all the memory soon.

Regards,

Your "ZentithinkC71UPGRADE newbie"

PS: Please simple English - my English is not very good ...

View attachment 25434
As far as I know, the data partition cannot be bigger than 2GB because of the ubifs file system.....

I did make kernel and recovery mods to take 1GB from the media partition and add it to the data partition....

For the 2GB data partition, reflash the 0709 ROM but replace the kernel and recovery files with ones downloaded from here (download the appropriate kernel and recovery for your version tablet and the ROM you are using) - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xx25dd2uy5hhd/ZT-28X_Modified_Kernel_%26_Recovery_Files (rename them to their stock names after downloading (ZT282.kernel and ZT282.recovery)....

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as I know, the data partition cannot be bigger than 2GB because of the ubifs file system.....

I did make kernel and recovery mods to take 1GB from the media partition and add it to the data partition....

For the 2GB data partition, reflash the 0709 ROM but replace the kernel and recovery files with ones downloaded from here (download the appropriate kernel and recovery for your version tablet and the ROM you are using) - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xx25dd2uy5hhd/ZT-28X_Modified_Kernel_%26_Recovery_Files (rename them to their stock names after downloading (ZT282.kernel and ZT282.recovery)....
Thank you! It worked once and now I have Internal Memory - 1.81 GB of total memory and total memory of 4.90 GB.

Once again, thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.