Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and girls,Anyone here that can help me out getting the sound issue on Nimbuzz and Fring working?I tried all sorts of ROMs and none address this problem.On fring the sound is automaticaly muted when trying to make a voice call. The mic does not work either.On Nimbuzz the sound does not work at all neither the mic.Please please help solve this issues and the apad will have another usefull meaning.Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing. I'm running the V6 Beta code with the camera and microphone working (albeit very crappy quality) and was curious about any kind of software that works for video or audio chat. SKYPE doesn't allow me to make a call and MSN doesn't offer the option.Has anyone gotten video or audio chat working on the aPad?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump !!!!Is it just me that see this as a huge issue? Making voice call via IM is very important to me and sure must be for many others as well. One of the main reasond i choose the APAD was for the camera and mic to use it with skype or similar.Please DUDEs and girls...Let help to get this working!Also...Would be nice to get 3G modem dongle working for european network. Another ++ would be to have bluetooth and gps drivers so we can hook usb dongles to the APAD and use copilot or similar.Buying another pad with better performance after just 5 weeks of the APAD purchase is pure waste of natural resources. Try to get the most of the pads we have!!!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
As far as I know you can't use Skype at all for video calls on Android machines. You'd have to use Fring or Sipdroid, but it doesn't seem possible to make video calls at all on the simpler versions of the Android tablets with slower CPUs.I've got an M70003 and I can make audio calls with Fring or Sipdroid without any major problems but when I try to make a video call I just get an empty screen, at the best. I have not found one person so far here on the site who has managed to make video calls so I doubt it is possible. When I contacted Fring one of their technicians told me that the CPU on our machines simply is too slow. 7" Android tablets are sold with "webcams" but that seems to be a complete scam. The cameras should be called cameras or video-cameras but absolutely not webcams.However, you should be able to make audio calls. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to solve your problem but you might want to uninstall all the programs, make a factor reset and then install for example Fring again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
With Nimbuzz I am able to start skype calls but neither end sees or hears the other end
Maybe when Skype brings out it's own app for android which according to different sources should be happening this year...

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
^CJ^;55394 said:
With Nimbuzz I am able to start skype calls but neither end sees or hears the other end
Maybe when Skype brings out it's own app for android which according to different sources should be happening this year...
Sorry to sound pessimistic but I doubt a Skype version will be compatible with early Android versions and besides I do not think our processors are fast enough for these applications. However, considering that we can watch videos on the machines someone should be able to build a software that actually works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts