Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running the Android SDX in Windows XP. I followed the directions as best I could. Getting it to download the android 1.6 files was difficult - it kept saying it couldn't find the web address. I clicked the force button and manually pasted the web address, and was able t download.I created the AVD file as it says here:Fix Market For Slates - WikiBut when I launch, the program crashes. "Emulator.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Now what? Help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You must have the following files downloaded:Android SDK Tools Revision 6SDK Platform Android1.6, API4, revision 2USB Driver package, revision 3Market Licensing package, revision 1Then you must setup the virtual device in the android SDK and AVD Manager (C:android-sdk-windowsSDK setup.exe) by clicking on Virtual devices, then new, then changing the target to Android 1.6. you can name it whatever you want.You should now have a device in the list click on it and select start. I had to wait for about 5 mins before the device got to the android screen so be patientThe rest of the instruction are easy..ish need more help let me know

·
Registered
77 Posts
This was the best advice I could find for the process:How to get Market workingPart I - Get a unique AndroidID1 - Download the android SDK and install it. ( you can follow directions on http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21831...uying-a-phone/) 2 - Download android system.img from 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage ( hey , you have some time now before downloading starts , so take some coffee )3 - place the system.img file to c:android-sdk-windowsplatformsandroid-4images (or location where you installed tje sdk)4 - Now start the android emulator again and start the virtual dev for 1.6 .( c:android-sdk-windowsSDK setup.exe )5 - Start up the emulator and sign in to market ( first skip all until you see your dashboard , then market)6 - If you have open your market and you can browsing thru the program's , it's time to open a command prompt.7 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)8 - type follow command : adb devices ( now you see the emulator connected)9 - type follow command : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db ( now we copy the file with the unique androidid to directory)10 - type follow command : sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta";now you have a return like androidId||xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the x's = the unique androidid , write this number down.You can close the emulator for now .So this is End of Part IPart II : Get Root access to your eken device.For some command (like copy files . . .) on our eken device we need some root access. Company eken has disabbled this , but with some tricks i found on this board ( http://www.slatedroid.com/showthread...on-1.7.4/page2 ) we can get root access. I have already changed the eken M002 Firmware for you and you can find it here for the Firmware : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery servicehere for the 2 APK tools :MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceI hope you can Flash your device with the Firmware and after that install the 2 apk with pkmanager. all the other info you find in the howto.txt. Normally it's the easiest part.Part III : Change the " Fault" androidid with your unique.1 - on your device : Settings - Applications - Development - Tap USB debugging2 - go to market , sign in and close3 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)4 - connect with your device , the easiest way is type : adb connect <ip of your device>:55555 - type : adb devices ( to see if your device is connected)6 - type : adb shell (now you are in your device)now you have to change some attributes from a file7 - type : su (to get super user privileges)8- look at the screen of your device , you have to tapped allow.9 - type : cd /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/10 - type : chmod 777 accounts.db11 - type : exit12 - type : exit (yes , 2 times)13 - type : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db (get the file with fault id )14 - type : sqlite3 accounts.db "update meta set intvalue='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' where name='androidId'" ( ATTENTION change the x's with the number you have written) 15 - type : adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/16 - Reboot your devicePart IVTest your Market , normally it's works.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks: I've done everything Bhaalz says to do, except that I have SDK Platform Android1.6, API4, revision 3 rather than revision 2. That's what downloads. I don't have the option to download revision 2. Maybe that's the problem?I added "Google API's by Google Inc, Android API 4 Revision 2." Still, no go. When I click start and launch, I get"Emulator.exeEmulator.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."I'll try a different computer with XP and see if it work, but I suspect there is a problem with xp. If there is a way to download "revision 2" let me know.Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I got it to work through trial and error. One of the problems with the instructions hereFix Market For Slates - Wikiis that the next instruction does NOT work on my computer:fill out box with Name: "Market Fix", Target: "Android 1.6", SD Card Size: 10, Skin: Default (HVGA), Hardware: LCD Density "160", Device Ram Size "1024", Touchschreen Support The "Default Ram Size 1024 causes the emulator to crash. Maybe my computer doesn't have enough ram or something. Anyway, if you use the "Default ram size" that pops up (I believe it was 96 or something), then it will work and not crash.Secondly, this command from the instructions:adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db "select * from meta"did not work - I got a bunch of errors. So I returned to the instructions above and followed them instead, starting from instruction 7.I also had to get the IP address for my EKEN from my router AND plug in the usb cable. I was unable to connect to my IP address without the usb cable attached.Now my market works. Horray. Whoever figured out how to do this is a fricking genius. Very complicated. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Classical. I was also able to get the emulator to work with some trial and error. However, when the emulator tries to login to my google account, it comes back with a no network available message. Any idea what needs to be done to allow Emulator access to the internet?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='Bhaalz;32769]You must have the following files [URL=downloaded:Android]downloaded:Android[/URL] SDK Tools Revision 6SDK Platform Android1.6' date=' API4, revision 2USB Driver package, revision 3Market Licensing package, revision 1Then you must setup the virtual device in the android SDK and AVD Manager (C:android-sdk-windowsSDK setup.exe) by clicking on Virtual devices, then new, then changing the target to Android 1.6. you can name it whatever you want.You should now have a device in the list click on it and select start. I had to wait for about 5 mins before the device got to the android screen so be patientThe rest of the instruction are easy..ish need more help let me know[/QUOTE'] I will update the wiki to state that the above items need to be installed in the sdk.Will also mention trying different preset for AVD.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you download "marketing Licensing package" and have you done the following:2 - Download android system.img from 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage(Use link above in my comment)3 - place the system.img file to c:android-sdk-windowsplatformsandroid-4images (or location where you installed tje sdk)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the help on this. By creating the AVD with the default Ram size (as classicalguy suggested) and trying to connect a few times, the emulator finally connected with google. The rest of the instructions from Bhaalz were very easy to follow..FINALLY UP AND RUNNING with Market!! Woohoo!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i dont get this part :
7 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)8 - type follow command : adb devices ( now you see the emulator connected)9 - type follow command : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db ( now we copy the file with the unique androidid to directory)10 - type follow command : sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta";now you have a return like androidId||xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the x's = the unique androidid , write this number down.
i typed adb devices in cmd but nothing happend

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
wausman;33153 said:
i dont get this part :i typed adb devices in cmd but nothing happend
Your device is not connecting properly with your PC then.1. Are you using USB or TCP/IP to connect M001 to PC?2. If tcp/ip enter adb connect x.x.x.x:5555 (x.x.x.x is devices IP address) then try adb devices.3. If USB did you d/l the USB drivers in the sdk and make sure they are installed ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
mogrith;33078 said:
I will update the wiki to state that the above items need to be installed in the sdk.Will also mention trying different preset for AVD.
I defined an AVD that was pretty much the default. I did add "sdcard support" and i did change the video resolution (dumb - didn't have to). The first time I tried to access the Market I got the network error. I deleted that AVD and created another and accepted the default, adding ONLY sdcard support. This time it worked. I pulled the accounts.db to the PC from the emulator. Updated it on the PC (I used the linux Android SDK) ...and then copied to the device and put in place using Root Explorer...and then set appropriate permissions (noted them before I started). It's not actually that hard. The hard bit for most people will be navigating the SDK setup and then file movement and persmissions. In a way, all that should be PC "101" ......but people will insist on using these 'easy" systems that effectively make them (functionally!! not really!) stupid. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 4Shared download is down >.< only for me?

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='Jmmyt;34122]yeah Chry' date=' it is not there when I looked as well.[/QUOTE']I have the system.img. I've made it available on my server. You can download a zipped copy of it here (magnet / DHT link):magnet:?xt=urn:btih:l6jwsp6kokpknhpkhkdrzq7alsdehues&dn=market-fix-system-img.zip Extract the system.img and put it where the instructions you're already following say to. OR....give me a gmail address and password (Or i can create one and let you know what it is) and I'll get the androidID for you....then you can change the password and go from there. I'll email you the details and the number...and then delete it all. I have no interest in knowing. Just happy to help. Once you change the password on the Gmail account and set your own alternate email address, I couldn't abuse it even if I wanted to - and I don't.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.