Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one done the same and know how to revive it
ave you done the same?0
ny one please.. I only had this one for a day..0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am new to the droid business and got bit too excited when I got mine M001. I actually deleted the whole operation system by accident. I was hoping for a reset because when I got mine it had "for demo purpose only" on the top left. now when its turned on it only has contacts, browser, and Maps 3 icons left on the screen and they are non responsive to touch!! Ouch.. help if any one out there know how to revive this one.Sam

·
Registered
16 Posts
well there a custom & official m001 firmware update.. you can give it a try.. the only problem here is that.. i cant seem to find it anywhere from www.slatedroid.com site.. last time i check there a download page.. hmmm.. or you can try google for it.. might popup somewhere..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I strongly recommend Willow's v.1.2 ROM (see the thread in ROM development). It is a cinch to install, just copy it to the root of an SD card and power it on. It is much faster than the original, and faster means more fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for putting in the hard work guys, I tried it out and guess what its stuck on Down Loading file- system", its not fun its been 1n half days since its says that?is my machine bricked?HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote author=oemlLink link=topic=727.msg6563#msg6563 date=1276071922]thanks for putting in the hard work guys, I tried it out and guess what its stuck on Down Loading file- system", its not fun its been 1n half days since its says that?is my machine bricked?HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/quote]if its getting that far its not bricked. try formatting your sd card and trying again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
[quote name='JamesDroid;12789]Often in this forum I see reference to formatting the SD-card' date=' I'm assuming you mean format it in windows or Linux as FAT32?[/QUOTE'] You would format your SD card on your laptop or PC,insert card into slot,click Start, then Computer to see recognized drives,you will see your SD card listed.Make sure you have removed anything from the card that you might want to keep,formatting will completely erase anything on the card.You will want to choose FAT32 as your format choice.When formatting, just allow it to do what it does,when finished, here is what you will want to do for the firmware install...Download the firmware, make certain you are downloading the correct one for your device.Unzip it using 7zip, so nothing is changed during the unzip process that might prevent proper install.You will see a folder named Script, and maybe a few other files sitting outside of the Script folder,copy and paste those into your SD card.For some of the firmware upgrades, you might have an outer folder with the file name that contains the script folder and maybe a few other files,you will only want what is inside, which would be the script folder and those few other files, don't copy the outer folder. I hope that makes sense,but that could be what is preventing your install from completing.You might go with the official EKEN upgrade for this one,just to see if it will work, if it doesn't work, then you will have some recourse in maybe getting a replacement,if you go with a modded firmware this time, before you know whether it will work,then you could run into someone saying your implied warranty is voided.If it does work, and you get things going,you can then later decide if you want to go with the Team Slatedroid or ECOTOX modded versions.I wish you good luck.Message if you run into any questions,and let us know how things turn out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts