Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried EVERYTHING I think of to flash the firmware on my tablet.

Firstly, I am not 100% which tablet I have.

All I know is that is has a blue led, is 7" completely black casing front and back and the box is white MID on the outside in black writing.

It currently has 2.2 on it with kernel 2.29-00236-g4fdbbb-dirty.

I have tried flashing just about every firmware on this part of Slatedroid but every time NOTHING happens when I power up with the SD card in.

All it does is just boot as normal.

Should I be pressing a button at the same time as power?

Which firmware should I be using?

The only reason I want to flash it is to get Android Market on it.

Is there another way this can be done besides flashing?

Any help and advice would be greatly received.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I have tried EVERYTHING I think of to flash the firmware on my tablet.

Firstly, I am not 100% which tablet I have.

All I know is that is has a blue led, is 7" completely black casing front and back and the box is white MID on the outside in black writing.

It currently has 2.2 on it with kernel 2.29-00236-g4fdbbb-dirty.

I have tried flashing just about every firmware on this part of Slatedroid but every time NOTHING happens when I power up with the SD card in.

All it does is just boot as normal.

Should I be pressing a button at the same time as power?

Which firmware should I be using?

The only reason I want to flash it is to get Android Market on it.

Is there another way this can be done besides flashing?

Any help and advice would be greatly received.
You may need to hold the menu button when powering on... or the back button.
In most cases though all the eken m009s and MID V7 auto start the firmware update provided the script is in the root directory of the SD card.

When the tablet boots... can you access the external SD card?

Tasselhof

·
Registered
5 Posts
@MrTasselhof - big thank you I've been watching your video's and learning a lot. The video is an excellent touch.

I'm trying to identify my tablet.
It's a Minigadget Mg638 and the box says MID.

It looks the same to me as the machine in this section of the forum, it's running Android 2.2 but since I bought it, it won't boot up. Currently I'm waited for the seller to get back to me (got it thru eBay) but I'd like to fix the problem myself, providing it doesnt invalidate the warranty.

The model as sold by Minigadget

Could you confirm the model is the same?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
do you think I am barking up the right tree?

Do I have the right tablet?
Hard to say... there are a lot of variation of this same form factor.

Tasselhof

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
@MrTasselhof - big thank you I've been watching your video's and learning a lot. The video is an excellent touch.

I'm trying to identify my tablet.
It's a Minigadget Mg638 and the box says MID.

It looks the same to me as the machine in this section of the forum, it's running Android 2.2 but since I bought it, it won't boot up. Currently I'm waited for the seller to get back to me (got it thru eBay) but I'd like to fix the problem myself, providing it doesnt invalidate the warranty.

The model as sold by Minigadget

Could you confirm the model is the same?

Cheers!
By all accounts it looks the same... you may want to try the Singularity ROM first as it works with a lot of devices.
Also since it won't boot up as it I wouldn't thin there is any worries about the warranty.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have managed to install an app that gives system information and discovered that it has an ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l) processor

if this can help shed any light??
I'm a 100% newbie and I will appreciate your disclosing what app you are referring to and where you got it from and, of course, how do you download it to the tablet. I have the latest version, June 2011, of this tablet: MID WonderMedia WM8650 - Android version: 2.2 - Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-default - Build number: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo Ver 1.3.1-20110513.015040 - Sticker on tablet's back: 7"CPU800/2G/256MB - Multi 3320094412

Please use my preferred help format: 1 - Do this first, 2 - do this second, 3 - do this third, etc.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.