Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was wanting to try flashing Frankentab but had to set-up NVFlash as I have a new PC (Lenovo H320 / Win7 HP 64-bit). Following the steps on Ray Waldo's site I got to the part where I "connect the gtab and go to Device manager, find error msg"....and point the to the USB driver located on my computer. The problem is "no APX with a yellow exclamation point to be found, no error , nothing.

Now the tablet is bricked as it will only reboot into recovery. Please help as I've been using BC for months and now I am Tabletless.

I've tried everything I could think of but nothing works, ie, Factory Reset, Restore, wiping caches...just goes straight into recovery when I power-up.

Update: It just occurred to me to try to use a different computer to try to NVFlash, still would appreciate any suggestions. THX

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was wanting to try flashing Frankentab but had to set-up NVFlash as I have a new PC (Lenovo H320 / Win7 HP 64-bit). Following the steps on Ray Waldo's site I got to the part where I "connect the gtab and go to Device manager, find error msg"....and point the to the USB driver located on my computer. The problem is "no APX with a yellow exclamation point to be found, no error , nothing.

Now the tablet is bricked as it will only reboot into recovery. Please help as I've been using BC for months and now I am Tabletless.

I've tried everything I could think of but nothing works, ie, Factory Reset, Restore, wiping caches...just goes straight into recovery when I power-up.

Update: The only thing I can find so far is to follow the "code red" proceedure from the Gtab/Dummies site which says to completely drain the battery and power backup w/AC plugged in.
Have you tried plugging in the gTab to a different USB port on the PC?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes. I believe the problem with the NVFlash is that I can't show windows where to find the USB driver is if windows isn't even looking for it.

The tablet will only boot into clockwork mod, over and over again.

I figure I can try to nvflash it on another computer, if that fails, try "code red III" from the Gtab for dummy's site.....completely drain battery.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you boot into APX mode (PWR + Vol.-) first, then connect your gTab?
yes ....I had my last PC NVFlash'ed I understand how to do it, until my new PC doesn't find an error...ie; Yellow! or windows error...

I'm not very tech savvy today..lol but I am really freaked.

EDIT: Maybe I should add that the Lenovo H320 is a media styled computer, a " DCPH, HPCT<DSL r<P" whatever. Should I try to NVFlash on a differnt PC? just to test?

I put all the nescessay files on a flash drive and can open it on another computer....but I might have bricked it if I can't NVFlash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can try on a different PC to see if that works. Try mounting your tablet to your PC from inside CWM, and re-flash BC or the new stock update.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: I have some hope. tried a different cord and walla, I got the funny noise the computer makes when you attach a USB device, it said it updated nvidia usb driver from my nvflash folder on my desktop, and shows an "F" drive in "my computer"....however, when I try to open "F" drive...it says insert disk....

·
Registered
140 Posts
UPDATE: I have some hope. tried a different cord and walla, I got the funny noise the computer makes when you attach a USB device, it said it updated nvidia usb driver from my nvflash folder on my desktop, and shows an "F" drive in "my computer"....however, when I try to open "F" drive...it says insert disk....
Sounds like you are to the point where you need to update to the correct drivers now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone...posting this from my Frankentab....have some questions and info but short on time. This thing is fast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts