I have a touchpad from dealextreme, sku 42070, described on their page as (VIA WM8505 ARM926) and apparently this is a flytouch compatible device. Currently it hangs on the bootup logo with a pretty flashy progress bar.I foolishly attempted to upgrade the firmware without taking the time to work out how (if possible) to back up what it had on it from the supplier. Other purchasers of this same product claim to have had simple and successful updates, following the same instructs that I have been following; I can get none of those images to install a bootable system. I also cannot find a reliable source for the original firmware that the suppliers put on it, only a few hints and dead url's. All the images appear to install with no error messages, at reboot the logo stays there... for hours... it never starts up.One (supposed) factory image installed a bootable system, but none of the buttons worked, apart from the initial screen unlock after booting; if the screen locked itself after that point I could not unlock it again and could only power off. Dissapointing because it was an otherwise lightweight and clean setup.Has anybody encountered this lockup at bootup, and what diagnostics can I use to sort this out? I just want a basic 1.6 (or whatever) for simple ebook use. Preferably with the buttons working, and without all the extra apps, especially apps like andriod market that doesnt Just Work, probably shouldn't have been installed in the first place, and I simply don't care to mess with at this time.Notes:
- Have downloaded alternative formatting tools for the sd card, as numerous threads mention problems with windows default formatting tools. No difference experienced with any of them.
- Had the unit charging while doing the upgrades, some have mentioned problems with low charge events while installing, didn't want to test that myself.
- Unit matches the pictures from site of purchase, has no identifiers on the case at all, apart from button names, so I have been relying mostly on comments of other purchasers, in following the notion that this is in fact a flytouch system (sku 42070).
- Am using win 7 64bit. Can't imagine that this would cause problems when extracting an image to the sd card, but I'm getting desperate, so anybody encountered problems with this?
- I tried a 1.8.2 flytouch firmware with pretty flytouch logo on its boot screen. That was nice, for the first hour, after that it lost its glamour... never got past the boot logo, just like the others.