Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all, i need some help making a bootable SD so that I can see if there is any life left in my Venus Lite or if its totally dead.

The first thing needed is a basic bootable SD so that I can see if the tablet works at all. Whether its android or any other linux doesn't matter, I just need to see "proof of life".

Next thing(if possible) I need help making a recovery image so that I can get the tablet up and running enough to make windows 7 32bit, see the tablet - So I can flash stock rom.

As of now everything else failed and that includes fuser-invents guide on how to unbrick Deep Bricked tablet and the ainol Hero II guide - by shorting pin 5-6, 7-8, 8-9 while holding down power and vol+(Tried home and vol- also) - The tablet is simply not recognized.

I prefer to work from windows 7, but if not possible then i have Lucid Puppy Linux(acces to ubuntu files) installed in virtual box and also on bootcd.

I also got an 32GB Class 6, SD card - no smaller.

Hope someone can help me:)

JBJ

EDIT: The sad news - the tablet is completely dead. I made an LED test tool to see if there were any power on the battery and if the charger were working - the result is that the charger works fine but the tablet don't get any power to the battery from either power plug or the usb socket - meaning not charging the battery.

So the Power, Audio, HDMI, USB and SDCard board is fried somehow. This is why the laptop can't see my tablet.

Photos of the inside of my tablet:

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electronic component

Passive circuit component Circuit component Computer Gadget Electronic component

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

Green Circuit component Motor vehicle Font Hardware programmer

Circuit component Electronic component Audio equipment Electronic engineering Font

Circuit component Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electronic component Font

Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Electronic component Electronic engineering

Passive circuit component Circuit component Computer Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
AFAIK there isn't any way for to boot from an SD Card, special not an external one.

But you should start to check the internal components first:

• Reset: if an Reset switch exist, press that and the power switch at the same time
  • not work: disconnect the battery from MB and short the + and - connection on MB for to discharge the capacitors
  • Battery: use an Volt Meter to check the Battery contains at least 3.4V
  • Battery has power: check the chips like CPU it get's heat up while you switch the device ON
  • both work: try the Hot-Key combo for to start the Reset Process

If none of that work, last resort would be to visit an Service Station for Tablet Computer and let them also check. If that didn't work, ..........................................................->->-> :bad: !!

Sorry for not to be more helpful!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK there isn't any way for to boot from an SD Card, special not an external one.

But you should start to check the internal components first:

• Reset: if an Reset switch exist, press that and the power switch at the same time
  • not work: disconnect the battery from MB and short the + and - connection on MB for to discharge the capacitors
  • Battery: use an Volt Meter to check the Battery contains at least 3.4V
  • Battery has power: check the chips like CPU it get's heat up while you switch the device ON
  • both work: try the Hot-Key combo for to start the Reset Process

If none of that work, last resort would be to visit an Service Station for Tablet Computer and let them also check. If that didn't work, ..........................................................->->-> :bad: !!

Sorry for not to be more helpful!
Hi and thank you for your quick response:)

So far I have not been able to find any reset switch, take a look at the pics.

The Battery is soldered onto the mainboard, and I don't have access to soldering iron - my eyes are also too bad for that - and there is not enough wire for cutting and re-attach later.

I don't have access to voltmeter here.

I have made a Cynagenmod bootSD - but no response at all from the tablet when trying to turn it on.

The big question is if this tablet actually can boot from SD card - Can someone answer that?

If so, then what needs to be done? Edit u-boot.bin?

For the BootSD, I followed this guide:

http://glasskeys.com/2011/06/27/how-to-make-a-bootable-sd-card-running-cyanogenmod-for-the-nook-color/

For the Google apps file - search the internet for it since its no longer available in the link of the guide.

And I used WinImage to burn to SD card by following this:

For Windows users:

Run WinImage.exe (Right click, Run as Administrator)
Select Disk from the menu and select "Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image...".
Select your SDCard from the list and click OK.
In the Open dialog box select "All Files" in the lower right file type box, browse to generic-sdcard.img, select, and click Open.

Last warning, click YES to write the image to the SDCard!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With kind regards

JBJ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm up and running again with a new tablet(that nobody heard about) MINAMI M-750. its a dual core 1.2ghz, 1GB ram, 8GB nand flash, Bluetooth, NO 3G, wifi and JB 4.2.

But its working:)

JBJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts