Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
hello guys i know if not that nice for me to ask for help but i would like to get a oem rk3188. i dont know if slatedroid permit to as for donation but i will try.
i want to start custom roms on rk3188 and try install cwm or twrm recovery. any donation or coupon you may know let me know please and thank you for supporting since manufacture wont do such thing

My goal is to get to $150 i will put the other monetary $100

i will post donators name and the amount here thank you for your support

My first rk3188 Custom rom called GLASSROM

1. Donator from april
  2. 4/2/13-Istvan-$10
  3. 4/4/13-Pogodancer-$5
  4. 4/5/13-Pogodancer-$5
  5. 4/12/13-mml78-$5
  6. 4/12/13-Pogodancer-$5
  7. 4/14/13-S1eepy-$5
  8. 4/16/13-ANTONIO MENZELLA-$5
  9. 4/18/13-netlag-$5
  10. 4/18/13-Bart Van-$10
  11. 4/19/13-Vijay-$10
  12. 4/19/13-ppankyy-$10
  13. 4/19/13-flux1000-$10
  14. 4/30/13-Oleksandr Trotsenk-$5
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT

DONE i have brought the CUBE U9GT5 RK3188 ON GEEKBUYING.COM order#3045608

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank mml78 i have update the first post

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi friends,
this is my opinion only, but nevertheless I hope that you read it.

Everybody knows that there are only a very few chinese tablets which are working well out of the box. But all of us buy these cheap tablets waiting for some devs to cook perfect roms for us. And when a single function does not work, we offer our complains to the devs. We are awaiting that rom developement has to be free for our cheap devices. But no one of us is thinking how active these devs (like darkrickpr) is for us (not only for himself). I don't want to know how many hundreds of dollars (my estimation is 2.000 USD) has darkrickpr just invested for tablets to optimize their performances, which we got for free. And I don't want to know how many hours, days or months he has investigated in this work, which we can download after in a few seconds only.

I fully understand when someone who is buying the cheapest tablet maybe for 50 USD has to be very carefully about his money. But I am little bit ashamed that we, when or after we are buying tablets for about 250 USD and more, do not have a few USD for someone who is helping us to make these devices usuable or perfect.

Nevertheless I don't have any problems if this donation is not ending successfully. Because I have used many of darkrickprs roms on different tablets, so my donations are worth each cent in each case.

Please don't get me wrong: I don't want to blame anybody. This is only my opinion. And thoughts are free.

Thanks to istvan and mml78 beside thanks to darkrickpr.

Edit: Added small 5 more.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Thanks @pogodancer for you kind help and support

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
hello guys i know if not that nice for me to ask for help but i would like to get a oem rk3188. i dont know if slatedroid permit to as for donation but i will try.
i want to start custom roms on rk3188 and try install cwm or twrm recovery. any donation or coupon you may know let me know please and thank you for supporting since manufacture wont do such thing

My goal is to get to $150 i will put the other monetary $100

i will post donators name and the amount here thank you for your support

1. Donator from april
  2. 4/2/13-Istvan-$10
  3. 4/4/13-Pogodancer-$5
  4. 4/5/13-Pogodancer-$5
  5. 4/12/13-mml78-$5
  6. 4/12/13-Pogodancer-$5

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT
Now, it's great that you're trying to add recoveries and help people get their tablets rooted and customised but I'm not sure about the amount of real development going on here. It wouldn't bother me under normal circumstances but you're asking for money to buy another tablet so I feel like I want to play devils advocate.

Your roms appear to be stock firmware that's rooted and tweaked. There isn't really any development involved. For me, development means getting down and dirty with android and building your own roms from source, whether that's asop, cm or aokp. The knowledge needed to do this takes a lot of time and effort and donations are most certainly relevant. Here, I'm not so sure.

So, if you start porting versions of CM and AOKP to a31 and rk3188 devices, you can have my money. Until then, I think you'd be better off working with the tablets you already own to increase your knowledge rather than look for donations for a new tablet.

·
Registered
480 Posts
@andywheels:

For me it's not important if darkrickpr is a real dev like CM, AOSP or AOKP. What's important for me is to have roms that are working fine on my devices. And darkrickpr is making or changing or copying things together to a rom which is working nice. I had used some of his roms and I was excited. I don't care which name or which changes the rom has I use. I only want that it's working fine. And darkrickprs roms are working fine on my devices.

I respect your opinion. But for me it's OK to give small amounts for his work. With his work I can save more time than the small amounts are worth (because I don't have the knowledge to optimize roms). And my cheap devices are working as they should.

Darkrickpr is a one-man-show. And everybody had started with making small things. I count on this helpful guy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also donated, for me it is important that he is available to solve some of my doubts and surely he can give precise answers.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for you support I really appreciate

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just sent in my donation. Getting a generic xpad 3188 retina. Hope its a good machine. Externally its identical to the n90fhd retina which is a fantastic tablet with the great rom that Darkrickpr made (BTW does the generic rom still have the memory leak?, I dont notice it, nor any slow down)

Way to go Dark!!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Donation just finished...10$.

I'll be waiting more roms from you to come, for this marvellous tablet.

Greetings from Spain.
Thanks I will update the first post than you

Sent from my HTC VIVID 4GLTE using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The goal is getting very close

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
@andywheels:

For me it's not important if darkrickpr is a real dev like CM, AOSP or AOKP. What's important for me is to have roms that are working fine on my devices. And darkrickpr is making or changing or copying things together to a rom which is working nice. I had used some of his roms and I was excited. I don't care which name or which changes the rom has I use. I only want that it's working fine. And darkrickprs roms are working fine on my devices.

I respect your opinion. But for me it's OK to give small amounts for his work. With his work I can save more time than the small amounts are worth (because I don't have the knowledge to optimize roms). And my cheap devices are working as they should.

Darkrickpr is a one-man-show. And everybody had started with making small things. I count on this helpful guy.
It just seems to me that there are a lot of new users in this area of Slatedroid and I'd like people to realise that this kind of rooting and tweaking is something that gets done, for free, by owners of the tablets. Yes, it needs some knowledge but it isn't hard and it'll get done pretty soon after a tablet gets released, especially if the tablet contains a known chipset- surely, that's what Slatedroid is for. We work together, share knowledge and help each other. Donations for work done, yes. But not for buying a new tablet.

Bottom line- The idea of someone making money in this way unsettles me. It's not why I take part in the Slatedroid community and I really hope it's a one off. I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade and I don't like being negative but I have to stick my oar in, if only to try and get people to do a bit of research before donating.

I'll not return to the thread now. It's a shame Darkickpr hasn't made an attempt to respond to my concerns (tbh, that does come across as slightly arrogant especially considering all the 'almost there' posts he's been making) but I have nothing more to say on this matter.

Have fun with your rk3188 tablets people. I think it's looking like a top notch chipset.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It just seems to me that there are a lot of new users in this area of Slatedroid and I'd like people to realise that this kind of rooting and tweaking is something that gets done, for free, by owners of the tablets. Yes, it needs some knowledge but it isn't hard and it'll get done pretty soon after a tablet gets released, especially if the tablet contains a known chipset- surely, that's what Slatedroid is for. We work together, share knowledge and help each other. Donations for work done, yes. But not for buying a new tablet.

Bottom line- The idea of someone making money in this way unsettles me. It's not why I take part in the Slatedroid community and I really hope it's a one off. I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade and I don't like being negative but I have to stick my oar in, if only to try and get people to do a bit of research before donating.

I'll not return to the thread now. It's a shame Darkickpr hasn't made an attempt to respond to my concerns (tbh, that does come across as slightly arrogant especially considering all the 'almost there' posts he's been making) but I have nothing more to say on this matter.

Have fun with your rk3188 tablets people. I think it's looking like a top notch chipset.
I have never charge for use of my roms anyone is free to donate if they want too. I have been in this forum long time and i have been helping many user 24/7 as fast possible my life let me to so they fix there tablet since manufacture never help.

I never like to replay to guy like you since is a waste of my time. If you feel your best helping other just do it don't give such speech of who is doing wrong. And btw if your so master and brilliant Rom cooker then do aokp release your self.

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ andywheels and darckrickpr:

OK, both of you has given your statement. Now let's have peace. Thank you.

@ darckrickpr:
What about post #1. How far we are ?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ andywheels and darckrickpr:

OK, both of you has given your statement. Now let's have peace. Thank you.

@ darckrickpr:
What about post #1. How far we are ?
I will be updating the first post soon

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will be updating the first post soon

We r getting close