Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
[quote name='fourcute;27764]master : can you tell me "how to unpack/pack kernel.img?"i want to mod the kernel.img' date=' thanks [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE']I cannot give you exact directions. Hopefully I can give you some ideas that may help.Since the Andriod operating system is based on Linux then it seems likely that the how Linux packs the kernel.img would be the same on Andriod.If that is the case then kernel image would be packed in the zImage or bzImage format. What tools you could use to unpack/pack the kernel in that format, I don't know. But maybe with knowing the possible compresion format used will narrow down search.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I want to put LINUX on my apad and this is only thing that I think will stop me from doing it. Pllleeease can somebody tell us the format of this .img. I want to extract the kernel from this. It doesn't look like just a gzipped kernel from hex editor. The header doesn't look right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.