Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
One

What has happened to the A816 wiki. The one above does not have anything to do with the a816.

Two.

Do not know how or why but can no longer boot into recovery. bottom and power give me the proper menu but update from sdcard give me a normal reboot. power and top boot into fastboot and there it sits. Can not connect from PC as device gives cant start error code 10. Can not find a fix for this neither can a support guy (spent 4 hours on remote access today ) DOH

three

can not seem to flash a sdcard with dd. seems to be working says 4gb copied but can not get to show in linux gparted. I dont want to touch the internal card because I am bound to screw up somewhere and I do not want a dead machine.

If anyone has ANY ideas they will be welcome.

Also tried some apps from google.

Rom Manager just gives normal boot
CWM Recovery gives normal boot
Flash gives normal boot

So I am completely stumped. Did get an adb connection over wifi but when I came to dd says no connection

A really p****d off

Keith

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
One

What has happened to the A816 wiki. The one above does not have anything to do with the a816.
Posted notices on the PDN Wikis on 5/12/12 "Please be aware that none of the wiki re-direct links are directing properly at the moment. The issue has been reported. All wiki links will take you to the SLD wiki main index and you may navigate from there." *note: the issue remains unresolved

Here is a current "workaround" link Aishuo A816 MiniPad Wiki - subject to change whenever the IP Board "breaks"

·
Registered
2 Posts
three

can not seem to flash a sdcard with dd. seems to be working says 4gb copied but can not get to show in linux gparted. I dont want to touch the internal card because I am bound to screw up somewhere and I do not want a dead machine.

If anyone has ANY ideas they will be welcome.
I know next to nothing about tablets, smartphones and android but I once cloned a hard drive for a video recorder, using ubuntu and dd. From the point of view of the linux filesystem the drives appeared to be unformatted but the clone worked.

I have also found that some flash drives and hard drives resist repartitioning. In these cases I can sometimes solve that problem by using gparted to delete the original partition table and create a new one.

There is an additional problem if Windows is part of the toolkit. To the best of my knowledge Windows refuses to recognise that flash drives can have more than 1 partition. If the drive has 2 or more partitions Windows only sees the first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts