Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I just received an Eken m003 last Friday from Ebay. It worked ok, but in the upper left corner, next to the calandar, it say "Demo version only" in red.Now, it says, "DEMO VERSION HAS EXPIRED" accross the whole screen.It had 1.6 firmware on it from the factory...I did NOT install any other apps, I don't even have wife at my house.I tried upgrading the firmware to Ecotox 1.3.1 that I downloaded onto a microsd card. But the message is still there. (the Ecotox 1.3.1 does seem to be better firmware, though...I can see market on there, and it does seem a little faster). But the demo screen seems to be in the hardware.I have a backup of the original 1.6 software, if I need to put that back on to sent it back...but has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. The ebay description said it was an m003. The back doesn't say anything. I successfully upgraded to the Ecotox version of the firmware...but the message was still there. I tried downloading 1.7.4, and it took that, but it did the same thing. The screen looks ok...it just says DEMO VERSION HAS EXPIRED in the middle...it's semi-transparent, you can see through it. Even stranger, I put te 1.6 back on it, and it still has the DEMO VERSION message. It's like something was built into the rom that made it do it.I talked to the seller through ebay and he has aggreed to refund. It's sad though, I like the tablet...wanted to mainly use it as a color ereader. But I think I'm going to give up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your help, Mogrith and Orosia. I appreciate the forum here. I'm returning my m003, but I'm going to consider getting a different droid tablet soon, so I'll probably still be around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.