Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Before I started to flash different ROMs on my Hannspad (1653), I installed "ClockWorkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4 (CWM)".

Over the last few weeks I have successfully flashed and reflashed quite a few different ROMs.

I'm currently running:
"Flashback 10.1" ROM
"hybridkernel v3" Kernel

This morning I tried to put my Hannspad into ClockWorkMod recovery (Volume+ and Power on) but the pad just freezes (on the "Hannspree" logo screen with "Recovery key detected" and "Booting recovery kernel image" on the top left of the screen.)

If I boot holding down volume- and power on, the screen is just blank.

Can someone please tell me how I can get recovery mode working again?

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
If Power+volDown is taking you to a blank screen you should be able to use APX mode .. I had a similar experiance a few weeks ago, I Used APX mode, restored the stock ROM from the backup I took (Including their recovery tool), then Reinstalled CWM and Flashback as normal. Got a stable result from doing that

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, not all versions of CWM will work with the hannspad. I think different tablets need different builds on CWM (Please correct me if i am wrong guys) . If i were to make a guess I would say Rom Manger was putting a version of CWM on which was not compatible with the hardware. Using v4.0.1.4 here and its solid as a rock.

restoring Partition 9 from backup using APX mode should do the trick (Though I am no expert)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny you should say that, my understanding is that v4.0.1.4 is known to have issues with the Hannspad. I understood that was info that the author stated.
I was just going from Dolphine's guide (Link) which specified that version, its done me well, so I never questioned it. I think the guide also made reference to that build of CWM being modified for the Hannspad. However I am still a bit of a noob at this , so if you recomend a different version of CWM I will upgrade. I would be very interested to know a little more about CWM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts