Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While updating my Boss's N7A to ICS 4.0.3 0.9 firmware, I found the back was very hot (near the usb port)

Then, the battery drain very fast. I turned it off (press the power button and shutdown).
It continues to be very hot and overnight, the battery is totally flat.

Now, I revert back to 2.3.4 but still it is hot and drain a lot.
I didn't even turn on Wifi.

I reset battery statistics and still the same.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
While updating my Boss's N7A to ICS 4.0.3 0.9 firmware, I found the back was very hot (near the usb port)

Then, the battery drain very fast. I turned it off (press the power button and shutdown).
It continues to be very hot and overnight, the battery is totally flat.

Now, I revert back to 2.3.4 but still it is hot and drain a lot.
I didn't even turn on Wifi.

I reset battery statistics and still the same.

Any help is appreciated.
Something is wrong with your battery, I have the same firmware that you have, mine stays on for a long time and the battery is still going. It's normal for the back to be warm, when the tablet is on, but it should cool down when the tablet is off. You might need a new battery.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Something is wrong with your battery, I have the same firmware that you have, mine stays on for a long time and the battery is still going. It's normal for the back to be warm, when the tablet is on, but it should cool down when the tablet is off. You might need a new battery.....
I doubt it is battery, but agree that you have serious problem. Battery, if I re-call correctly info from some Chinese site, are on opposite site to USB and HDMI ports.
A10 CPU and DDR3 memory are on not so far from place you refer. It could be you have faulty motherboard or power supply part. When device is completely off battery last really for long time. Sorry, for bad news.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info.
Seems really bad.
Going to visit the shop to see how.
But since I am not in china, the chance of free replacement is 'Zero'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
when i get my novo7 adv.,i firstly installed TopNotchAutomod2.0 for root.after restart, battery was draining very fast and heated up so much.i uninstalled old superuser apk and find newone from market then thats it.this solved my battery problem.
i just have wifi disconnect problem while streaming videos.looking for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts