Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all , i have my little project of my own , Farsi/Arabic on SlateDroid , and through help of a friend i was offered a .zip update file , since he was under the impression that i could simply use flash recovery to update the device. now our device does not have a flash recovery , so i asked him and he said as long as i am able to overwrite the contents of zip file onto system folder , it should work. and he suggested the android commander to be used for this purpose :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=597098now i use macOS . and it was a pain to install android SDK and all it's updates on my tiny Giga U60 winXp SP3 UMPC , and then use the original cable of my ipod to connect the slatedroid to it and it gave me several errors in the midst : not finding the proper files , not having java machines installed , etc.at the last stage , i get this weird error the device is not found in android commander ,and nothing works . slatedroid is recognized as a USB mass storage device , and when i put it in debug mode , it shows nothing in andro commander. so my question is , has anyone managed to use adnroid commander with slatedroid? if yes, how?and if not , is there any alternative to push some system files onto it?cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
ADB is curretnly not working on the device as far as I know. I may be a ble to get it to work but we will see. You can try extracting the files onto your SD card and manually putting them on you m001. Also I would update to one of the new builds from either me or from Willo, my newer ones have the ES File Explorer. I'll be releaseing an update later today, I'll see if maybe I can add the support by default =)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.