Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just realized I've yet to introduce myself, mea culpa. I'm Benedict (Ben for short) and I originally hail from Singapore. Due to my country's competitiveness, our development in technology is pretty quick and we tend to always strive to be the best in everything. As such, we sometimes get gadgets (like the Samsung Galaxy S) first before everyone else in the world and we get free WiFi in cities and malls. You could say we've pretty advanced when it comes it all things tech. Thus, I've been brought up to not trust China products, preferring to buy well known corporate brands like Samsung, Apple and Nokia. To be honest there's a certain amount of prejudice against the people and products of that country cause of their shoddy builds and unreliable support of their stuff and I'm pretty sure the chargers they provide are a fire hazard. Still, I am terribly fascinated by the things they come up with. I guess it comes from me being a gadget enthusiast. And I'm a pretty big one. I read tech blogs every moment I get and am constantly looking for the next toy to buy to add to my collection. So it isn't a big surprise that my current career is a tech/web journalist for a business magazine, recommending gadgets and websites that can help businesses in their productivity. I've been waiting for a proper Android tablet to come out for a long time and after growing impatient waiting for someone to announce something, decided to venture into getting a China-produced one. I'm thankful I've found this forum as it has helped tremendously in getting the right tablet for me. Although I've got some gripes about the aPad, it does what I need it to do and I guess I'm content for now till a commercial tablet becomes available (though the M16 and Phecda P7 look oh-so-tempting).I'm currently residing in the south island of New Zealand and will return to Singapore at the end of the year with plans to move to Australia in early 2011. If you are around the region, feel free to say hi.Edit:p.S. Forgot to say that I hate Apple and am a huge supporter of Android or anything open source. I do see the irony as I'm typing this on a macbook. lol.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I would have to say one of the best intro's I have read.and with that welcome aboard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts