Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
daneruseddy;11186 said:
btw how do you tell a v2 apad over a v1?
V2 has a camera (0.3 or 1.3 Mpixel) while v1 comes without camera. Had a v1, sold it off as the touchscreen was unberably erratic. Got a v2 yesterday, and it's miles better.And as for Android versions - there has never been any such thing as 1.7 - That's just something the Chinese has come up with. Probably a tweaked 1.6 but who knows - It could be anything, as it doesn't officially exist, beyond ads.

· Registered
6 Posts
its arrived seems to be a v2 with the camera, its quiet responsive and the about info says it has the rockchip cpu :)only downside is theres a lot of chinese apps on there is there anyway to replace them. also is there a web browser with flash?btw the power adaptor is made in taiwan and is a 2amp one.

· Registered
91 Posts
[quote name='daneruseddy;14156]its arrived seems to be a v2 with the camera' date=' its quiet responsive and the about info says it has the rockchip cpu :)only downside is theres a lot of chinese apps on there is there anyway to replace them. also is there a web browser with flash?btw the power adaptor is made in taiwan and is a 2amp one.[/QUOTE'] They did that to me, too. Go to Radioshack and buy a $3 European to US converter and it'll be fine.As far as the chinese apps, look at the custom ROMs in the aPad forums. I'd suggest Roger's firmware as mine is experimental and X's is in the works. Flash doesn't exist for Android 1.5, but you never know what we can slice together.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='Darexius;14574]They did that to me' date=' too. Go to Radioshack and buy a $3 European to US converter and it'll be fine.As far as the chinese apps, look at the custom ROMs in the aPad forums. I'd suggest Roger's firmware as mine is experimental and X's is in the works. Flash doesn't exist for Android 1.5, but you never know what we can slice together.[/QUOTE'] thanks got an adptor this morning that works fine, will have a look at the custom roms thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
daneruseddy;11073]just bought a apad with the rockchip cpu etc said:
is it the right one? will i be able to play 720p mkvs and divx stuff ok on it?cn it be upgraded from 1.5?sorry for ll the questions
Honestly speaking, I really was confused by so many XPad. Have you gotten your gadgets and gotten a "test drive" on it? How do you think about it?In my memories, this model is a almost good one among so many iPad clones out there. At least its good build and vivid touch screen. However, as other iPad clones, it sounds to run very slow too.Hope you can write a full review and your "drive" experience on this Android iPad

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its quiet good now ive flashed roger brauns firmware on there and that improved it a lot. can just about play divx and mkv files ok now
. youtube works ok but the picture is a bit small but ok. web browsing seems fine. pity the built in speakers on mine dont produce much sound at all but the headphone socket works ok.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.