Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site is awesome. You all are one of the reasons (lately) why I don't get much sleep. There's a lot that may be accomplished with Android, and the devices that work with it. Personally, I'm working on making Android devices more pervasive in libraries. I well understand that people may access electronic resources and library information with a broad spectrum of devices. This is great, but I also want to use such devices (and Android as long as it remains the OS of choice) to uproot personnel from desks, and give them (actual librarians and support staff) the flexibility to work/access information on the move. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see libraries turn away (at least somewhat) from their largely desktop PC-based mentality. My overall aim is to be able to interact with our system's electronic catalog, as well as replicate functions that are common to our workstations. Tasks include: accessing/updating electronic records via barcode and perhaps rfid identifiers, editing/producing web content, producing/printing barcodes, and scanning/digitizing content for document delivery services. Lots to do, and it's gonna take a while. But that's why I do what I do, and what brought me here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts