Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!This is my first post here! Excellent forum for the apad community! I've received mine yesterday and I don't know what kind of tablet it is, can you help me identifying it? I bought it in this auction:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330441079855The box says it is a apad iRobot. It is not exactly has the photos in the auction, for example, it has an adapter that I can plug in a socket similar to the iPod / iPhone and that adapter has 2 usb ports and 1 ethernet port, there are no usb ports on the apad itself. The camera is also on the top (in the middle) not in the bottom right like in the ebay photo.It has no Android Market, instead has a AppStore that has mainly chinese applications available. It was pre-configured in chinese, but I was able to change it to English. I am interested in having Android Market working, but I don't want to install new firmware before knowing what apad is it.Is there an easy way to know what processor does it have? And RAM?If you have some idea on how can I clarify these issues please let me know :)Best regardsFernando

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mp4doggie;12430]Ok here is the problem with the specs of your APAD your seller put this up so it is very confusing MID PCITEM DISCRIPTIONScreen 7 said:
http://china-made-wholesale.com/eken-m002-google-android-7-0-inch-wi-fi-ipad-style-mid-tablet-pc.html[/url]
Yes, it's confusing :SIt's very near to the one I have, but have these differences:- The card box say iRobot- Mine has camera- Mine has 2 speakers on the bottom, one on the left of the power jack, other to the right of the microSD slot.Any idea on how to know its hardware characteristics - CPU, clock frequency, internal RAM, ...?Best regardsFernando

·
Registered
100 Posts
fgomes;12546]Now I know said:
http://www.pandawill.com/panda-pad-mini-ipad-mid-7-inch-wifi-1gb-android-17-camera-gravity-sensor-black-rj45-adapter-included_p36749.html[/url] The CPU WM8505 from VIA runs normally at 600MHz or it is being overclocked? I've seen many other devices using this CPU running at 533MHz only.Best regardsFernando
No, the WM8505 tops out at 350Mhz. Any claim of a faster WM8505 are false and missleading. But there are obviously SOC that are faster & some that run at 600Mhz, just not the WM8505.Edit: That is NOT an aPad/iRobot on that pandawill site - looks like an m002 or similar clone. Don't expect any decent video playback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any way to identify the CPU without opening it? It plays back youtube videos much better than the M001 (running at 350MHz), I'm curious to know what CPU does it have... Also is there any way to distinguish between an epad and a flytouch? Both seems similar to me and to the pad I have, and as far as I have read their alternative firmwares are incompatible, so need to know the real model of mine. It doesn't say flytouch on the back, but I saw others report that their flytouch also don't have this label. So how can we identify it in order to choose the correct firmware to it?ThanksFernando

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.