Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'd use my android, the back would get HOT, and performance would go down, leaving me to have to turn it off and let it 'cool down'. (M001). I got tired of this real quick, and cut to fit a small heatsink for it. I then cut a hole in the back of the case so the heatsink can poke out and have room to 'breathe'. It's not mind blowingly fancy, but it should do the trick nicely. I used all the old standbys: Hot glue, and JB weld on the outside case, followed by bondo, sanding, painting, and a gloss coat. I am guessing this is the processor chip that I just 'modded'...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am happy to report I did this right- the heatsink (and a small glob of heatsink compound) gets niiice and warm.... stuff still opens up like it did when I'd first start it up.Question..... if this thing heats up like this- does it mean the chip is overclocked?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Some say the CPU is spec'd at 300 Mhz and actually runs o'clocked at 350 mHz (based on doubling the bogomips score when you cat /proc/cpuinfo). I also saw a reference to very similar netbooks running the same proc at I believe 378 Mhz. I think I saw that somewhere, but can't find it now. Anyway, it could be overclocked.

·
Registered
150 Posts
zyntax;16561 said:
When i get my device later today i think i might apply a layer of thermal paste on the CPU.
That might flow all over the board, without making any difference in cooling -- do you mean thermal paste under an added heat sink? That would be the normal heat sink installation method. And use a very minimal amount there, as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just reading through this older thread as my device is running hotter now it is Summer here.Might have to look at doing a cooling mod similar to the above posts.Has anyone got any pics of the actual mod & is it worth doing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.