Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I bought my Novo 7 Advanced some days ago and I have not changed anything (firmware).

I am trying to use HDMI output but I do not find how to enable HDMI output.

I have found in some Novo 7 manual an image showing an application called "HDMI switch" but this app is not present in my tablet.

The option "About device" under settings shows this info:

Android version

Build number:
crane_aino-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.weng.20111125.135834 test-keys

What must I do ?

thanks,

·
Registered
497 Posts
make sure your TV or monitor is set to HDMI output (or if your TV auto detects and switches) then your TV should view the Tabs home screen interface. that App you mentioned isn't required

btw - what baseband you on? 1.6t, 1.8b2? 2.0t?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make sure your TV or monitor is set to HDMI output (or if your TV auto detects and switches) then your TV should view the Tabs home screen interface. that App you mentioned isn't required

btw - what baseband you on? 1.6t, 1.8b2? 2.0t?
Thanks WAI.

I do not know what means "baseband".

My TV is a LG LCD and it has 2 HDMI inputs. I selected HDMI using TV remote. It shows momentarily the desktop, but with double image flickering and after some seconds no image at all. Even more if I run Super-HD player the image disappear also from the tablet when I begin to play a movie.

On the other hand, I wish to have HDMI switch anyway. How can I get this app ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
you can't get the app. i don't think. i had a Novo8 Advanced and the Android OS/Firmware has the App. Embedded meaning it came pre-loaded and i have yet to see that app. elsewhere.

baseband version = Firmware Version

go to setting/about device and baseband version should be listed. in any case though i would update to version 2.0t and you can get that HERE (My Thread)and there's more Info. there as well

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can't get the app. i don't think. i had a Novo8 Advanced and the Android OS/Firmware has the App. Embedded meaning it came pre-loaded and i have yet to see that app. elsewhere.

baseband version = Firmware Version

go to setting/about device and baseband version should be listed. in any case though i would update to version 2.0t and you can get that HERE (My Thread)and there's more Info. there as well
Thanks WAI for your answer.

About baseband, I consulted my Novo 7 and it shows Baseband version: 2.0

I have investigated a little about HDMI connectors and cables and I found HDMI has bidirectional data flow and cable maximum length depends on cable quality. I found also that HDMI connection begins with a handshake between the devices connected and if this handshake fails the connection is aborted.

I am using a 10 feet cable HDMI x HDMI and a conversor HDM x Mini HDMI.

I have a Bluray player LG (BD550) and the TV is also LG brand. TV has 2 HDMI inputs and 2 AVI (RCA) inputs.

When I connect player to tv via HDMI using another cable (6 feet length HDMI x HDMI) the Bluray takes control and switches the input on tv.

That is: if the TV input selected is different from the one where the bluray is connected, when the bluray is switched on, it automatically switch the input on tv and the tv begins to show the signal coming from the bluray.

I tested the 10 feet cable and the bluray did not switch tv input. If I switch tv input manually, tv shows signal coming from bluray but NOT automatically switched. I guess cable length is the problem in this case.

Next I tested the 6 feet cable (using converter HDMI to mini HDMI) connecting Novo 7 to tv and it worked but showing some flickering lines and dark points. The input connection on Novo 7 side can not be moved because the signal disappear with little movements.

As far as I understood the mini HDMI port and the software involved in HDMI management in my Novo 7 are working OK but the cable length is excessive and the converter quality is not the best. Anyway, I am not completely sure mini HDMI port has no problems.

Please let me know your comments about this case.

I hope this experience would be useful for other forum members.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would try a different Firmware or could try this Fix Link
Hi WAI,

Thanks for your answer and please forgive me for the delay in answering.

I downloaded the fix you suggest and I studied it. As far as understood, the fix installs a driver (PdaNet) and after this, it replaces the file: /system/app/SystemUI.apk for a new one.

I am concerned if this change can create problems because it seems this file controls several aspects of the operating system and I decided not to apply this fix.

On the other hand, I found a newer driver at the software producer page: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/.

My vendor will replace the HDMI-mini HDMI adaptor and I will test with the new one.

I am also considering the possible effect of filters nd I have see 5 meters long cables without filters but it is nto clear if filters are really neccesary and if filters can attenuate the signal.

I will write any news as far as I test other connections.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there anyway to test out on a different TV just to be sure it's not the cables?
My provider changed me the HDMI to mini HDMI adaptor and this new one works. The signal is relatively stable but it shows a lot of white dots.

When playing a video, screen goes black sometimes and after some seconds the image returns. When playing other images (desktop, applications) image does not go black.

I guess HDMI signal is very sensible to conductors (cable and also terminal connections) quality.

·
Registered
497 Posts
are you referring to some sort of screen flicker? that's what my N7 Advanced does with ICS installed. could be a Firmware Issue

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you referring to some sort of screen flicker? that's what my N7 Advanced does with ICS installed. could be a Firmware Issue
Hi WAI,

No, it is not flickering. When showing a "still image" (desktop, for example), there are a lot of white dots (like pixels) dispersed but the image stay constant.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I want to add this news because it can be useful to others:

I got a new cable HDMI to miniHDMI (3 meters long) and it works PERFECTLY (same tablet and same TV), without garbage in the signal (speckles) and without disconnections. I guess the adapter (HDMI to miniHDMI) was the worst part of the problem but also the cable had problems.

Conclusion: cable and connections quality can generate HDMI notorious fails, even complete non working (no image at all) situations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts