Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Took a little break from working with linux and decided to make a custom rom based off the stock 823. It pretty simple right now. I want to work towards a more complete custom rom. So I present the Hazard rom....Things added...RootedADWlauncher (removed launcher2)Music-mod (Eliot Stocker music-mod)BusyboxGscriptapktorautokiller {removed}Scribble bootanimation...What I want to do...Add a theme. I like Team Chaos Clean Black. {done}Make apps2ext(Apps2SD) easier. I like the way Chris Soyars does it by adding it into settings under application. "See notes below"Maybe add Brut Google Maps {done}Remove the da*n phone signal out of status area....Notes...I have included Firerat's a2sd script. Should be able to run it with gscript. I did not test it with gscript I ran it with adb shell and it worked. Don't forget to partiton sd in two. One fat and one ext. Have a fast memory card. Thanks to mns and everyone who worked on apps that I borrowed.Taking any suggestions and please report any bugs.Hazard Rom *Alpha*BETAUpdater and V3

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
downloading it now, will give it a bash in the next half hour or so :)cheers and thanks for taking the time and effort to do this! !(especially the ones like me that cant get our heads around what and how you do it)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Hazard- Impression after first playLOVE the splash screen! Tried most apk's installed, works fine. Appears/feels faster than other f/ware. Loaded android system info apk, wont run, stops and needs force close, only wanted to check a couple of things.loaded flash works great. Am looking for vid file to play, have only got .mov file and cant get it to work atm, i dont really use it for video's (prefer the W7 for that).GREAT idea including APKtorCan you supply any more information on the "Autokiller" that is installed, im going to do a websearch as well.Needs (in my opinion)- For the video heads - maybe video player- Is there a different keyboard available, maybe a touch bigger?- Screen rotate apkQuestion - you said that "Remove the da*n phone signal out of status area" that is top right hand side of screen beside battery symbol, 4 bars and x in top left hand side? if thats it, its still there, not that it really matters to meFantastic! and thanks for taking the time to do this for all us A81E/W1060 owners

·
Registered
108 Posts
My one request for now...can you please remove that whole music widget set? I prefer the original one because the resolution of the images that this new one uses are way too low and it looks kinda crappy.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Just had a look at that theme - Team Chaos Clean Black, that looks great, would love to have that as well :)think i may be buying you a few beers :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ficklecycler;45798 said:
Is it not possible for us to delete the autokiller and music player you have? I tried and it won't allow me to? I just wanna replace them with my favs!
Code:
adb shell rm /system/app/Music-Mod.apkadb shell rm /system/app/AutoKiller.apk
Should work atleast it did for me. Why get rid of AutoKiller instead of turning it off?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the reply! The reason that I asked is so that I know in the future how to delete something that is not deletable. Would this work for the leftover phone apps that we don't need?Unfortunately, I don't have a working windows setup so I don't think that I can use ADB. I have mac and linux only.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='Godsbrother;46172]Is flash supposed to work inthis rom? Say on the BBC news site?[/QUOTE] like all flash on the wits you will need to re install it after upgrading the rom' date=' have done this and can confirm it worksflash is here - [url']http://www.slatedroid.com/nationite-midnite-firmware-development/3963-a81-e-custom-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality-new-build-0809-a.html[/url] (look bottom of MNS first post "AdobeFlash")

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote name='ficklecycler;46096]Thanks for the reply! The reason that I asked is so that I know in the future how to delete something that is not deletable. Would this work for the leftover phone apps that we don't need?Unfortunately' date=' I don't have a working windows setup so I don't think that I can use ADB. I have mac and linux only.[/QUOTE'] You can also use Terminal Emulator on the device itself. Just skip the "adb sh" part. A "mount -o rw, remount /system" may be necessary.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.