Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
MolaMolard;40273 said:
I mean with a digitizer. I would appreciate any feedbacks !
I don't understand what you mean by "with a digitizer" would you mind explaining?I use the MobileWrite app to write using a stylus instead of the keyboard into documents, websites, anywhere that requires text input.Is there a better means of taking handwritten notes?Damien

·
Registered
439 Posts
I take it the MobileWrite app wasn't what were looking for?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I posted a video of myself using the app called MyLetter that is a free download from the Market.The link is here:YouTube - MyLetter App.MOVI think you'll find with most resistive screens, if you are touching the screen in one spot it will not recognize touches to other spots.I bought my stylus in Japan, it is called:箸and it works wonderfully. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to use a stylus with there ZT-180

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just downloaded it from the Android Market onto my emulator so it is still available in the Android Market.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Doing a google search is where I downloaded it before I had Market running on my ZT-180:"myletter.apk" download - Google SearchWhich lead to post #33 of the only thread that showed up.Or you could just set up Market to run.

·
Registered
439 Posts
MolaMolard;46902 said:
@The Omen: do you think this kind of stylus works with the tablet ?Palm Tungsten T Stylus 3-Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
I think those Styli would work just fine.In the video of MyLetter I posted I am using a wooden chopstick I bought at a 100 yen shop and it seems to work just fine.If I was back in the U.S. where I have my Dremel and other tools stored I would buy a proper stylus with a larger head (similar to a knitting needle but non-conductive) and then add a hole to my ZT-180 case to store the stylus. I would probably add something inside my case too that would squeeze the stylus and hold it in place while transporting my tablet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received my ZT-180, and have the spent the last 7 days twicking it etc... mine came with the 827, already so I did not have to falsh it; wifi is very stable and I can access my conncetion from three floors up from the router located in a concrete basement; thats pretty good... I don't have market working on it yet, but I have been using slide to get some apps; my main issue is that for some reason the Myletter app I have does not give me the option to save my handwritten notes, and I can not view the task bar when the app is running so I can't acces the menu icon... whats should I do? Also I set up a emulator on my dessktop, but I was unable to get my market ID off of it by following these steps"7 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)8 - type follow command : adb devices ( now you see the emulator connected)9 - type follow command : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db ( now we copy the file with the unique androidid to directory)10 - type follow command : sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta";"I get the massage that "sqlite3 is not found? what am I missing? another thing; my youtube is not working.

·
Registered
439 Posts
To access the menu for most apps you have to press the left rocker switch, if the power button is on the top.To fix the sqlite3 error, make sure you have done a complete download of all the files for Android Emulator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MolaMolard;40273 said:
I mean with a stylus/digitizer. I would appreciate any feedbacks !
I have tried myletter on my zt-180; all I can say is, I ended up uninstalling it because it was just not user friendly; for instance, you cannot open the notes you write with the app, and you cannot add notes to an old saved note... It saves the notes a images; which would be nice if you were really hand writing a letter to mail to someone.I have since installed Genial Writing.apk; its the best hand writing app out there, in my opinion. It does it all; in fact I would say without it, my ZT-180 is not worth much in an office environment. I take notes during meetings, keep my to-do list, and have even drawn a flaw chart on it in a brain storming session at work... its one of the best apps out there for office use.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.